cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i configured availability check for a material. my doubt is i assigned three checking rule for checking group.. I assigned checking group in MMR also.

my question is

how the system pickups the checking rule mean which checking rule is applicable for the material or which checking rule is considered by system? urgent

regards

murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Checking Rule :

This will be assigned to Application Transaction. In SD this rule is assigned internally. There is no way to assign externally.

Checking Group:

This is maintained at Img-- SD -- Basic funtions-- TOR and Availabilty -- Availabilty and

assigned to a material in Material master In Sales/plant View or MRP3 view.

These both combination decides the availabilty check...

When ever you process the order, Checking rule determined Internally and Checking group determined from Material master.... then It checks OVZ9 for this combination if it finds system checks the avaialabilty as per the sttings here... If there is no such combination in OVZ9 system will not run avaialabilty...

Hope your problem solved...

Reward poit if usefull

Muthupandiyan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Checking Group and Checking rule are the combination for the availability check.

As mentioned above checking group is defined in MMR, based on the scenario (Ex Order -delivery,MTO,MTS etc) the checking rule will be defined by the system.

The checking rule will be changed based on the requirement type.The availability check globally can be swiched on and off at the reqirement class.

Regards

Ramesh

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The checking rule is decided based on the Material master data MRP3 View. Hope this helps.

Checking group is decided based on transaction.

Checking rule decided based on MMR in MRP3 view ( It is there in Glynn C Williams book also)

For this combination, the availability control will be evaluated.

Reward if thsi helsp.