cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the BEx query still work if the datasource from R/3 changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can someone tell me if my BEx queries works after my datasource changed? Example: the datasource was replace CRM100 with CRM500 (different system).

I have several queries built on one CRM cube and now my datasource for this cube is going to change from CRM 100 to CRM 500. The connection is there and I will need to activate the 'extractor' in CRM 500 and load data to BW. I need to keep those queries. Any advices?

Thank you.

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Queries are linked to InfoProviders and not directly to Datasources so there is no impact. As long as the fields int he DS and the Cube remain the same your query will be ok, if you change the cube structure with new fields or delete fields then your Query will not reflect these changes - you would need to change the query definition.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

its only data provider dependent and not data source. so shld not cause an issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Query always fetch the data from datatarget(infoprovider). it is not based on the data source.

Thanks

S.venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

As queries still remain on the same cube changing the datasource wudn't impact Queries in anyway.