cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting technical/business systems from one SLD to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently we have dev/qa SLD and production SLD. I currently have access to create/modify technical and business systems in dev/qa SLD but when I try to export these technical/business systems the link to export is disabled. Is there a different security role that I need in order to be able to export the techincal and business systems that have been created in the dev/qa SLD? I need to export these systems and import them into the production SLD.

Are there any impacts/differences between exporting/importing and creating the systems manually? For example if I cannot export the systems would it be ok if I created them again in the production SLD?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek - if SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR allows me to export/import, can you tell me what role allows me to create/modify the technical and business systems.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Peter,

All the XI Roles and description of the same here is in this link, check it out

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/netweaver/xi/xiauthorizations.htm

regards

Ramesh P

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to create the BS you might need the following

SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATION

SAP_SLD_DEVELOPER

SAP_SLD_ORGANIZER

chek these roles

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YOu need the authorization for login in SLD as admin

Follow this link for compete details:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f7...

Are there any impacts/differences between exporting/importing and creating the systems manually? For example if I cannot export the systems would it be ok if I created them again in the production SLD?

No differeence...it's just increase the work you have to do in SLD...but the important thing here is when you move the tranports of the SLD BS from DEV to Production you have to maintin the same name as you have maintained in the trnsport targets in the DEV......your ID tranport to Production is dependedn on what is the BS name you are mentinog of production in the transports targets.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Is there a different security role that I need in order to be able to export the techincal and business systems that have been created in the dev/qa SLD?</i>

U need SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR authorization.

<i>Are there any impacts/differences between exporting/importing and creating the systems manually?</i>

No impact if transport is successful

<i>For example if I cannot export the systems would it be ok if I created them again in the production SLD?</i>

Yes. But proper transport ensures integrity

Regards,

Prateek