cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPOSCOL not reporting CPU and paging values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am trying to test Wily introscope using the EP Agent plug-in for SAPOSCOL with XI 3.0 SP21 running under Windows XP. It appears that for whatever reason no values are captured by SAPOSCOL for CPU utilisation and memory usage (e.g. Pages in / sec, pages out / sec). However Swap information is captured and reported correctly. I have verified this using SAPOSCOL -d (with dump cpu and dump memory). I have also tested this using PI 7.0 under Windows XP where it works fine. All values are reported correctly.

Is there any OS dependency (e.g. missing dlls) or a Windows service not activated that may cause this problem. I also tried using the SAPOSCOL of the PI 7.0 system which didn't make a difference. Therefore I believe it is an environment specific issue rather than a SAPOSCOL issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Dieter Bauer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

you were spot on with your suggestion. Even Perfmon didn't show the performance objects for Processors and Memory, why I don't know. Anyhow after some guggeling I found an interesting Resource Kit tool that enabled me to re-activate the missing counters. The tool is called Extensible Performance Counter List (exctrlst.exe) which is part of Windows resource kit. Its pretty easy to use. I thought I add this information to the thread in case somebody expirences the same issue.

Thanks for your help.

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dieter,

fine to hear the problem is solved!

One additional hint for all people who face the same problem but don't have the time or don't feel like downloading the resource kit: simply check the registry as described in <a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/688131">note 688131</a>: Windows: missing data in ST06/OS06.

Regards, Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dieter,

at first you should check if the operating system itself offers CPU or memory data. This could be easily checked using perfmon.exe (part of Windows).

Regards, Michael