Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help...?URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am facing a strange issue..I had written a BDC program for Parking an FI document and that program works fine in Development environment but it does not work in Quality...It gives a error Field ACGL_HEAD-BLART does not exist on screen SAPMF05A 1001...I have made sure that the user profile settings are the same....but still doresnt work...

What can i do...please suggest...its URGENT....

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Get you FI person to check the field status variant in the DEV client you are using against the config master and that of your Quality system. I have hit a similar issue when the Functionals have not updated my Unit test client in Development.

Regards

Gareth

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

It may be because of customizing for that particular entry.

Just consult this issue with your FI consultant and give him entries in both enviornement and he may be able to tell you the difference.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Get you FI person to check the field status variant in the DEV client you are using against the config master and that of your Quality system. I have hit a similar issue when the Functionals have not updated my Unit test client in Development.

Regards

Gareth

0 Kudos

Thanks for the rply guys...is it anything related to Parameter ID's....beacuse this prog works within SAP but when called from outside sap it gives this error....

because the same thing worked in Development...

Please help

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos

Chek whether the user has S_RFC in their user profile, or run a trace on authorisations in that case.

Regards

Gareth

0 Kudos

Gareth, any suggestions....

0 Kudos

Hi Sam

What you describe points to a difference in screen flow and field availability between the two clients and systems. The cause is probably due to a configuration difference and this is what you will have to do:

First check the base system and process -

1. Do a recording in your development system of the bdc process using exectly the data which worked and save (or in my case I print);

2. The do EXACTLY the same in your test system and save or print. If you hit a problem doing this enter '/oSU53' to ensure it is not a local auth problem.

3. Compare the two and then discuss any differences with an FI functional person to get an understanding of what drives the difference.

Now if the above has shown no differences then we must check the remote call side. This involves setting up a trace in ST05 for the user in question, running the code, and then checking the trace. As discussed in coffee corner last month, make sure the user has the authorisation S_RFC before you start.

This should show you where the problem lies.

Regards

Gareth

0 Kudos

The screen SAPMF05A 1001 you refer to is the"Enjoy G/L Account Posting" - so what TCode are you calling to create the parked document? I wouldn't have expected FBV1 to go through that screen.

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Hi Jonathon

I must be a cup of coffee down today - glad you spotted that! Have you seen Jimmy's latest travel pics?

Hi Sam, Jonathon is right here, won't work with an enjoy transaction.

Cheers

Gareth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add this field to the concerned structures. Then it works.

Thanks,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Which Field....Please tell...please provide steps to do it...i am not sure what to do...

Sam

0 Kudos

this is problem with customising only nothing else,,,,the particular parameter would not have appeared while you were recording in your development,,but the settings might be different in your quality. just comment the code where it is trying to set this parameter in BDC, it will automatically start working. Go in Foreground mode and check where it is throwing this error and modify accordingly.

0 Kudos

Now it giving No batch Input data for screen SAPMF05A 1001....I dont know whaz happening...It did work fine in Development....please provide me detail steps as to what can be done...

SAm

0 Kudos

Sam,

try debugging in foreground as to what is happening, change the BDC code accordingly. it is very easy, the main thing in a BDC is only the sequence of the code.

0 Kudos

Aakash, u r not understanding the issue....the code was working fine in development but it did not work in quality...i am trying to make it very clear...

and it is not easy as u r thinking though...so please try and understand the situation and read all the posts that i made...

Thanks

Sam