Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installating MDM on SQL Server 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am quite layman with the database.

Did someone installed MDM on SQL Server 2005.

If yes, please share the steps.

Any help will be great for me.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member278106
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM works perfect on MSSQL2005 and has better performance than on MSSQL2000. What is your problem exactly?

Best regards,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

I get the error - <i>'Unable to connect with Database Server' and 'cannot get DBMS settings from server' </i>

My problem is that I am not sure whether I installed SQL2005 correctly.

If you have screenshots of installing SQL2005 , it will be great help for me.

Regards,

Dev

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the SQL Server Build Scripts folder, run the following scripts as user MDMAdmin:

&#9679;SQL Server Build.sql

&#9679;SQL Server Build Stored Procs.sql

&#9679;SQL Server MDM Role Setup.sql

&#9679;SQL Server MDM Init.sql

&#9679;SQL Server Import Table Section Init.sql

Regards

Sangeetha

former_member278106
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

It appears that you have SQL Server Express (the next version of MSDE that is free) that does not have TCP/IP connectivity enabled after installation. To enable it complete the following steps:

Click Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager.

In the left pane of the SQL Server Configuration Manager window, expand SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration and then click Protocols for SQLEXPRESS.

In the right pane of the SQL Server Configuration Manager window, right-click TCP/IP and click Enable. Click OK to acknowledge the warning message.

Right-click TCP/IP again and click Properties.

In the TCP/IP Properties window, click the IP Addresses tab, and then expand IPALL.

Under IPALL, clear the TCP Dynamic Ports field and then type a port number in the TCP Port field. Usually, the port number should be set to the default value of 1433.

In the TCP/IP Properties window, click OK, and then click OK to acknowledge the warning message.

In the left pane of the SQL Server Configuration Manager window, click SQL Server 2005 Services.

In the right pane of the SQL Server Configuration Manager window, right-click SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS) and click Restart.

Also ensure that the authentication mode is set to mixed mode.

Best regards,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dev

send ur email id. i will do the needful.

FC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FC ,

Please send to devrajsap@gmail.com

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other also help please,

Previously I installed it on SQL 2000 , but now my new laptop vista is not allowing to install 2000. otherwise I have to buy XP.

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dev

Sorry for tht.

Vista doesn't allows SQL Server . I will send tht docs to day.

Try Oracle in Vista.

Regards

FC