cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurations file location | visual administrator parameter | path ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks ,

I have installed the GDS console . As suggested in the installation guide " GDS 1.0 - Installation Guide.pdf " I have copied the GDS folder in the path E:/usr/sap which is where my WAS is installed (This GDS folder comes when you unzip the file GDS1005_1.zip in the software for MDM 5.5 SP05 ase release . It contains the subfolders namely " configurations" , "IncomingMessages" , "MessagesToDataPool"). The WAS and the GDS console are at the same machine .

Now there is a step in the configuration of visual administrator parameters where I need to configure the parameter "Configurations file location" . I gve the path as "E:\usr\sap" as suggested in the example for the configuration in the installation guide (my GDS folder is inside "sap" folder ) but when I try to access the page for GDS through http://<host-name><port>/gds it says resource not found .

What I am not able to figure out is what would be the appropriate path for this parameter so that I am able to access the page ?

Could you please help me out !!!

Regards

Deepak Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member278106
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Actually, you want to use GDS console with MDM server only - not sending messages to the Data Pool and not receiving them from R/3. It is possible, for that you should enter correct MDM related values in the configuration, and for Data Pools and R/3 systems enetr dummy values.

Best regards,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great . It actually worked but we will have to take care what values we are putting as dummy . The values should have corresponding XML files in the configurations folder and it will work .

Full marks awarded .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. but did you deploy the GDS console in SDM

as specified in step:

3.2 Deploying the GDS Console Application

2. do you use correct port in http://<host name>:<port>/GDS ?

it should be j2ee port like 5XX00 where XX is instance number

3. did you use capital GDS in the link? http://<host name>:<port>/GDS

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Actually I did all that you suggested but the problem was , for J2EE to accept my changes I was required to restart the engine from the console which I was not doing . This morning I did that and could move on to the next set of problems . But thanks for the suggestions . I do appreciate that .

- If you look at the " GDS 1.0 - Installation Guide.pdf " then under " Editing the application properties " there is a table which has five columns , Property/Default/<b>1Sync</b>/Description/Example . What exactly does the " 1Sync " column convey ??? . Guess it is the External data pool ??

- I am doing this more as a personel training excercise so I have some infrastructural constraints .I have a WAS 6.40 SP15 installed on my machine . I have MDM 5.5 SP05 with the GDS component . I don't have a XI/R3 system yet in the landscape . I don't have any external data pool . I don't have an AS2 adapter either . So now I am getting a couple of configuration errors which are for some parameters in visual administrator .

The parameters are

> DestinationDataPoolGln

> DestinationDataPoolName

> 'GDS.PrincipalHeader'

> ProviderGln

> ProviderName

> ProviderTimeZone

> 'GDS.SchemaLocation'

> 'LinksItemKeyCombination'

> 'SystemExternalValidations'

Is there a way I can configure these values without adding anything further systems in my landscape ??

Would appreciate your inputs !

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks ,

Could you pelase shed some light !!!!

Regards

Deepak Singh