cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Tunneling and XML_CONVERSION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm developing a File 2 IDoc / IDoc 2 File Scenario.

The Partner who receives and send files wants to use the idoc flat table structure.

I noticed that wasn't so easy to convert IDoc XML to flat file, till i found IDoc Tunelling which perfectly fits my scenario!

The research i've done, explains that we just have to set the IDOC / XML_CONVERSION parameter:

Possible Values

<i>'0' Every IDoc is saved as a table; no IDoc-XML conversion

'1' Every IDoc is converted to IDoc-XML

<b>'2' An IDoc is converted to IDoc-XML if requested by the service</b></i>

But, setting value to '2', how can i control if i want or not Xml conversion to occur? Is a setting made in R/3 or XI?

I have scenarios where i really need XML (to use mapping features). Value 2 looks perfect, but where is this controlled?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Sounds good idea and approach..

Check out this blog by Michal..you will get all your answer on idoc tunelling..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/21/xi-idoc-to-idoc-tunneling--how-fast-and-easy-can-you-get

Hope this will help.

Let me know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I can't find the answer to my question in that blog.

In fact there is a post on that blog with the same question, and that was never answered:

2005-11-23 01:52:29 Sidharth Deshpande Business Card [Reply]

<b>Hi Michal,

According to your blog value 2 implies - "An IDoc is converted to IDoc-XML if requested by the service."

Can you please let us know where in the service we can specify this -> convert to IDOC-XML.

</b>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Did you find any answers on this? I could use some help in the same if you have figured out a way to do this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. I couldn't find how to control this