Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Capacity planning problem

How do we manage capacity on products that may be produced in multiple plants? Ex. 70% of a good may be produced in Cape while the other 30% in Rock Island. How 2 split the requirement?

please gurus....help me

thanq

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello,

I assume here that "plant" refers to SAP plant concept and not to equipments or production lines, I mean, that Cape and RI are defined as plants in SAP.

First you should define your business process: when is defined that a rule 70/30 should be applied ?

- If this is at sales plan creation, then you can allocate this ratio to the plants. Using flexible planning, I guess that you could inclusive carry out plant disaggregation in an automatic way

- if all production is assigned to Cape and then you decide that a part must be produced in RI you still have some alternatives: try to use Special Procurement or some quota to see if you can maintain all demand in Cape and the receipts should point to this plant ( or MRP will be continuously generating new orders)

- of course you can manually create orders in each plant, but there will be some unbalance in MRP.

well, these are some alternatives. Let me know

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question