cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity planning problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do we manage capacity on products that may be produced in multiple plants? Ex. 70% of a good may be produced in Cape while the other 30% in Rock Island. How 2 split the requirement?

please gurus....help me

thanq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume here that "plant" refers to SAP plant concept and not to equipments or production lines, I mean, that Cape and RI are defined as plants in SAP.

First you should define your business process: when is defined that a rule 70/30 should be applied ?

- If this is at sales plan creation, then you can allocate this ratio to the plants. Using flexible planning, I guess that you could inclusive carry out plant disaggregation in an automatic way

- if all production is assigned to Cape and then you decide that a part must be produced in RI you still have some alternatives: try to use Special Procurement or some quota to see if you can maintain all demand in Cape and the receipts should point to this plant ( or MRP will be continuously generating new orders)

- of course you can manually create orders in each plant, but there will be some unbalance in MRP.

well, these are some alternatives. Let me know

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get the appropriate result ? Pl. give feedback.

Regards,

Senthilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know how the demand for the product is generated. The answer for this would lead us to the solution.

Regards

Vineet

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl try the following use quota arrangement.

In mrp 1 view choose lot size 'ES'

In mrp 2 view maintain quota usage as 4.

Then in transaction MEQ1 maintain a quota arrangement for this material. Enter the validity date & a minimum quantity of splitting Eg:100.

Then double click this line & in the next screen in the first line row choose the procurement type as 'E' for internal production & (PPL column) enter plant as Cape & maintain quota % as 70.

Then in the next row choose 'E' & in plant as Rock & quota as 30%.

Then pass a requirement(quantity greater than 100) & run mrp & check.

Regards,

Senthilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

I think cross plant capacity planning in R/3 is not possible ,

Using APO you have to plan in SNP-crossplant planning.. and execute in R/3.

PP gurus if wrong please correct me

Regards,

srihari