cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a web template and transported from development to Test system and i want to see it under a particular Role how do i do it. when i transported the template i choose only necessasary objects and also how do i find out under which role the template is?

and also after creating the web template i made changes to my query do i need to do something in the webtemplate everytime i make changes to the query for them to be be shown in the template??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

You need to assign your web template to a role. You can do this in Dev and move to BWP or do it directly in BWP as well. You do no thave to make changes to the template each time you change the query. Actually depends on the type of change you make to the query. eg. if your template has a dropdown box displaying char Material and you take out Material char from the query which is acting as the dataprovider to this web item, then the template will give errors as it will look for Material, which is actually not there in the query. But for changes to a formula, or adding some new free chars, or setting variables, etc no corresponding changes to the web template are reqd.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Thanku can u tell me how to assign my template to a role?

Thanks

Kim

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

In the Web Application Designer, when you save your template, you can then choose Save As and Save it into the required role.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

In development when i do a Save as and go to roles there are no Roles defined here But under Test there are no roles so how i put my template in the desired role?

Thanks,

Kim

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

In that case you would nee dto have it put directly into the role through PFCG. Open the role and on the Menu Tab in PFCG click on Other button and choose BW Web Template.

Hope this helps...