Net Post----

-

Per1....Per2....Per3....Per4--so on.......Diff.....% Change

Post1

---Post2

-

Post3

-

Year1................x.......x.......x......x........

-

Year2................x.......x.......x......x........

-

Year3................x.......x.......x......x........

Now the user want to see the overall Difference in Netpost for Years

And user want to see the Overall Percentage Change in Netpost for different years.

So user doesnot want to see Difference between Netposts for Different period , but as it is Year by Year report, the user want to see the overall Difference in Netpost and same way Overall % change for 2 Years.

Please advise.

As i can use only 2 structures, 1 for keyfigure and 1 for Char..

How to achieve this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jaya_mogali
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartikey,

Is diff = Year2 net post - year1 net post, Year3 - year2 and so on?

1. Create a structure for Years ( Year1, Year2, Year3 and so on )

2. Create a KF structure ( Net post Restricted by Posting period1,

Net post Restricted by Posting period2 and so on and Finally one for total net post restricted by all posting periods).

3. Add two more columns for Diff and % change for KFs - these will be overwritten in next step . So you can use anything.

3. Now use cell editor in for calculating the diff and % change.

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaya,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Well the suggestion of your last step is not working.

The reason,

Difference and Percentage variance column i need is difference of year 1 and year 2 and so is the percentage variance between year 1 and year 2.

Now as years are in different structures in rows, and my columns are in Keyfigure structures, so i cannot create formulae for the same.

Even if i use Cell editor, i will not be able to create formulae for the Different Years overall difference and percentage variance.

If i use them in structure of Rows, i will get result for every Periods and not overall difference and percentgae variance.

Please advise.

jaya_mogali
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartikey,

<i>"Now as years are in different structures in rows, and my columns are in Keyfigure structures, so i cannot create formulae for the same."</i>

<b>This is true. you can not create formulae in keyfigure structure</b>

<i>Even if i use Cell editor, i will not be able to create formulae for the Different Years overall difference and percentage variance.</i>

I am not sure why you are not able to use cell editor?

If you have implimented all my steps your query out put should be as follows.

.............P1........P2........ P3..so on..P( Toal).... Diff......... % change

Year1....Y1P1....Y1P2....Y1P3........Y1P

Year2....Y2P1....Y2P2....Y2P3........Y2P..... (Y2P-Y1P).....(Y2P - Y1P)%AY1P

In KF structure

P(Total) = P1P2P3 and so on

Diff = Can be anything example Create CKF which is (P1-P2) give description Diff. The main purpose of creating this is to populate empty column which will be filled using cell editor..

Same thing with % change

You can Hide P(Total) if you do not need this to be displayed.

using cell editor you should be able to write formula Y2P-Y1P and (Y2P-Y1P)%AY1P.

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jaya,

That helped a lot and really solved the problem.

Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestion.......

please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please give a bit more detail about what you mean here:

Now the user want to see the overall Difference in Netpost for Years

And user want to see the Overall Percentage Change in Netpost for different years.

So user doesnot want to see Difference between Netposts for Different period , but as it is Year by Year report, the user want to see the overall Difference in Netpost and same way Overall % change for 2 Years.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is correct....

The user want to see the overalll difference and % change.

But as i need to display different Periods, i will use either Fiscal Period / Posting period, but then to define the Difference column and % Change column, it cannot be displayed as Overall because they will be defined in same structure of key figure as i need to use formulae.

Can you please advise.....