Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural authorization with Context Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I have a requirement. For an example, I would like to restrict IT 0001 access for write access. A Manager should have read and write access to IT 0001 only for personnel#s under his org unit (for which he has a 'chief' position). For other personnel#s, he should have only read access for IT 0001.

We would like to use Context Solution (P_ORGINCON authorization object). I have created a PD profile with O-S-P evaluation path and RH_GET_MANAGER_ASSIGNMENT as function module.

In role, authorization object P_ORGINCON would be having following values (which gives read and write access to IT 0001 for Manager's org unit):

Authorization Level - R, M, W, E, D, S

Infotype - 0001

Personnel Area - *

Employee Group - *

Employee Subgroup - *

Subtype - *

Organizational Key - *

Authorization Profile - PD_PROFILE_1

PD profile (PD_PROFILE_1) is restricted by RH_GET_MANAGER_ASSIGNMENT function module and so it gives list of personnel#s, a Manager is authorized for his org unit.

My questions:

1: For my requirement, what values should be in second authorization object, to have read only access for IT 0001 for all personnel#s? Do I have to use P_ORGINCON authorization object with Authorization Profile as '*'?

2: At the time of turning on HR switch (transaction OOAC, table T77S0) for INCON (HR: Master Data (Context)) to 1, do we have to turn off switch for ORGIN (HR: Master Data)?

3: If yes to question 2, do we have to update all transactions in SU24 to reflect P_ORGINCON for check/maintain instead of P_ORGIN? So, whenever we enter transaction code in a role thru PGCF, P_ORGINCON would be entered in authorization or it is not required.

Thanks,

Karan.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

1: For my requirement, what values should be in second authorization object, to have read only access for IT 0001 for all personnel#s? Do I have to use P_ORGINCON authorization object with Authorization Profile as '*'?

I think you can use it.

2: At the time of turning on HR switch (transaction OOAC, table T77S0) for INCON (HR: Master Data (Context)) to 1, do we have to turn off switch for ORGIN (HR: Master Data)?

Yes you need to turn off the switch for ORGIN

3: If yes to question 2, do we have to update all transactions in SU24 to reflect P_ORGINCON for check/maintain instead of P_ORGIN? So, whenever we enter transaction code in a role thru PGCF, P_ORGINCON would be entered in authorization or it is not required.

You dont need to update in SU24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karan,

You don't <i>have</i> to update SU24 but in my opinion it would be useful to do this for completeness.