cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate sourcing in SOCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have SC's that are created via the Special Request process go through the Sourcing Cockpit for vendor assignment whether a vendor (identified by name or number) was suggested or not in the Source of Supply area.

The business now would like to automate this function so that SC's that have a vendor suggested and meet certain $ threshold, they'd like to have a program that will simulate the actions of an admin to select the SC, add it to the worklist, accept the vendor suggested and create a po automatically. Those SC's without a vendor suggested or the $ is above the threshold have to be looked at by an admin to determine source of supply and assign a vendor as needed.

Does anyone know if we can automate this part of the SOCO?

Thank you,

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

There is few ways to fulfill your need using BADI's in SRM system.

SPRO->Supplier Relationship Management->SRM Server->Business Add in->Sourcing. There are few BADI available ,read some documentation available in those BADI's.Some of them will certainly suit your need.

Regards,nishant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

In reference to the information provided, it looks to be you want to avoid the sourcing cockpit in case the vendor is assigned at the shopping cart level.

You can avoid the sourcing cockpit by making some settings in the Sourcing in SPRO.

Path: SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM Server > Sourcing > Define sourcing for product categories

There for the concerned product categories you can maintain the setting as "Sourcing carried out for items w/o assigned source of supply"

which means while creating a shopping cart if the user assigns a vendor using a contract , Purchasing info. record (not preferred vendor) then the P.O will be automatically created w/o going to SOCO otherwise the SC goes to SOCO for sourcing.

In case of your requirement for "budget limits" / approval limits, you can use the work flow management where in for certain limit you can have No approval work flow activated or in case you need approval you can activate 1 step, 2 step or N - step approval work flows based on the requirement.

Hope this resolves your issue.Clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked our IMG and our product categories are defined as "Sourcing carried out for items w/o assigned source of supply". I wasn't here when the company implemented EBP so I don't know the history. All I know is that all special request SC's go to SOCO. Those with a vendor suggested almost always go through as is, which means we accept/agree to the vendor suggested. The admin just collect those SC items and convert them to PO's. Only those without a vendor suggested that the admin has to analyze further to assign a vendor.

Can I group the SC's in a way ithat f they have a vendor suggested, then convert them to PO automatically. Those without, leave them in the SOCO for further analysis?

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

SN

Try the below logic for your business case

1.Maintain settings in SPRO>SRM>Sourcing-->"Sourcing carried out for items without SOS"

2.Maintain settings "PO if item data complete" for Product category or Purchase group in SPRO>Cross application setting>Define objects in BE system.

3. Then in the BBP_DOC_CHANE_BADI (method bbp_sc_change) maintain the below logic

- Maintain a Z table for Vendor $ thresholds.

- Read the vendor, both fixed vendor (Assigned from SOS) and Desired vendor

- Read the $ threshold for vendor from a Z table maintained.

- If within the $ limit change the vendor to the fixed vendor so that a PO will be created directly.

- If not within the $ limit, change the vendor to the desired vendor so that it goes to sourcing for the purchaser intervention.

Hope this should work. Please try and let me know if any question.

<b>Note : Reward points if helpful.</b>

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll definitely look into this approach.

Thank you all for your help.

SN

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no program available in SRM to automate the whole process you have defined.

it is just possible to do grouping for certain requirements in sourcing cockipt ,