cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 search for GL accounts & cost centers doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM Gurus,

I've gone through the many threads in this forum regarding the RFC set up for the GL account & CC search. We've created the RFC destination and defined the user as a dialog user for this type of search. During the creation of a SC, SRM does validate to make sure the account & cc being used are valid, but when clicking on the binocular to search, we get the error message that says "Error while communicating with backend system. Inform system admin." Has anyone seen this error or know what could be the cause of such error?

We're on SRM 4.0 using the classic scenario and the backend system is 4.6b. I checked our customizing and I do see this RFC destination is linked to the BE system.

Thanks for any input.

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

Please read SAP note

Note 746788 - Back-end system search help for cost center

Note 708580 - Back-end system search help for order

Note 656633 - Search help requires dialog users

Regards,Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did the RFC configuration per Note 656633, and the other notes are not applicable to us.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did an RFC trace and found the following error:

======> Function module "RHF4_RFC_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST" not found.

ABAP Programm: SAPLBBP_BD_DRIVER_40B (Transaction: BBPSC02)

Called function module: RHF4_RFC_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST

User: ESHOPPER (Client: 005)

I checked the FM and it's in SRM. Does anyone recognize this error?

Thanks much,

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Please implement the following SAP OSS notes, if suitable -></u>

<b>Note 945158 - F4-Help Validation in local Scenario</b>

<u>Hope this will help. Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure you have performed all the steps as per the above note you mentioned. Especially this one

6. Create a user and an authorization in the backend

&#61607; In Transaction SU01, create a new user (on the 'Logon data' tab, you should select user type 'Dialog' or 'Service').

&#61607; Call Transaction PFCG for the role maintenance and create your own role.

&#61607; In the role, select the 'Authorizations' tab and and choose the button to change the authorization.

&#61607; Do not select ANY template on the dialog box.

&#61607; Choose 'Manual'; then enter authorization object S_RFC and confirm the entry.

<b>&#61607; Expand the authorization object and choose the pencil symbol for the 'Name of RFC to be protected'. Enter RHF4 and save the entry.</b>&#61607; Choose the pencil symbol for the 'Type of RFC object to be protected', select the 'Function group' checkbox and save the change.

&#61607; Generate and save the authorizations. Then return to the role.

&#61607; On the 'User' tab, enter the user you have created and carry out a user comparison.

Then you can assign the (back-end) user to the RFC connection in the EBP Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll follow up with my contact for the BE system on that particular point to make sure the instructions were followed closely. Will come back to post an update and reward points as appropriate.

Thank you,

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.. here is the solution.

Check if the RFC user is maintianed as a DIALOG user in the backend system.

If not change this to DIALOG user.

Thanks

Gummadi