cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File FTP Sender Channel not picking up file using wildcard

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have configured File FTP Sender channel. I have a file on FTP server called expense_dM.

In my sender channel configuration the file name I have specified is expense_d*

Polling is set to 60 seconds and connection mode is permanent.

When I activate it it is able to pick up the file on the ftp server immediately. However any subsequent files that are placed on the ftp server are not picked up.

File authorization is not an issue because if I stop the channel and start it up again via the RWB it is able to pick up the file.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is more often found with the remote servers....only thing we can do here is to reactivate the adapters again and check....this is not the solution but still

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did not find a good solution. The problem went away when I disabled and re-enabled the communication channel. I am polling on a FTP server so as earlier mentioned there moments where this type of behavior is happening and the only way to fix it is to disable an enable to communication channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try using<b> expense_d? </b>

'?' for single character after expense_d...

suppose if your filename is expense_d1234 then specify '????' along with filename

Former Member
0 Kudos

try with expense_d.

Nilesh

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

This will not work because there is no file extension therefore no "."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the CC status in RWB...after 60 seconds polling interval.

Nilesh

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

There are no errors in the channel monitor for this channel.

It says start process, interval 60 seconds...then processing finished successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm.....really weired...

What did you do after processing file? Are you archieving to some other folder or deleting? What is the mode status..

Finally we can try by restarting J2EE engine..sometime restarting system help.

Nilesh