cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to send PO by EMAIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made all the confit settings necessary for sending the PO by mail.

Iam getting the following error when i process the SAPConnect messages in SCOT.

Really appreciate if someone can point me if iam missing any config

No delivery to xxx_yyy@zzz.com [EMAIL ADDRESS HERE], as recipient unknown

Message no. XS802

Diagnosis

The message from the node could not be delivered to recipient xxx_yyy@zzz.com as the recipient is unknown.

System Response

Processing was ended normally.

Additional information of the node used (in the system language of the node):

Recipient is not in an SAP address book

Procedure

Check the recipient address, correct if necessary and send the message to the correct address.

If the node is an SAP system, the address xxx_yyy@zzz.com is not contained in address management or SAPoffice exception management. In this case, you should maintain the address here.

If the node is not an SAP system, you must maintain the address in the appropriate system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi HarA,

please check if the email ID is maintained correctly in Vendor master data.

and also check if the correct condition records are maintained for that Vendor.

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, everything is set properly.

But in SOST, it shows me the message as recepient unknown.

Funny thing is, i did not maintain mail id in my user settings. When i maintained it and tried to send the PO to my OUTLOOK address, then i saw that message prompt that it was delivered. i did not receive in outlook rather i saw that in my inbox in SAP.

Not sure how other people are able to do this as Iam sure they have implemented this.

Let me list the settings what i have maintained.

iam on ecc6.0.I followed the note 191470 as a guidance

1===>

For the output type for default values, a communication strategy needs to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail. You can find the definition of the communication strategy in the Customizing via the following path: (SPRO -> IMG -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basic Services -> Message Control -> Define Communication Strategy). As a default, communication strategy CS01 is delivered. This already contains the necessary entry for the external communication. Bear in mind that without a suitable communication strategy it is not possible to communicate with a partner via Medium 5 (external sending).

• in ECC 6.0 i did not see the node mentioned but i did find where to maitain the message control at SPROIMGSDOUTPUT CONTROLDEFINE COMMUNICATION

STRATEGY. A default strategy of MAIL is delivered which I did not change and that is what i used in communication strategy.

4. Use the standard SAP environment (program 'SAPFM06P', FORM routine 'ENTRY_NEU' and form 'MEDRUCK') as the processing routines.

• I used our SAP print output program and same form routine etc for this one

5. In the condition records for the output type (for example, Transaction MN04), use medium '5' (External send).

I maintained it for our vendor .

6. You can use Transaction SCOT to trigger the output manually. The prerequisite for a correct sending is that the node is set correctly. This is not described here, but it must have already been carried out.

Iam sure the problem lies in this transaction. Like i said above, i could see the mail delivered to my SAP inbox if i set the vendor master email id and my user id the same.

When i change the vendor master email id to a different one, i get the error that user is unknown.

Again can anyone tell me what are the SMTP settings in SCOT as you see in your client where this email is implemented.

I really appreciate a response.

Thanks

AH