cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am using was6.40. i would like to know <b>how can i use FUNCTION MODULE as WEBSERVICE.</b> i know it is possible using se37 t.code but i don't know how to do it.

kindly help me.

Regards,

Kannan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly do you mean by "<b><u>how can i use FUNCTION MODULE as WEBSERVICE</u></b>" ? Do you want to expose a function module as web service or consume a web service based on function module.

Exposing is straight forward, like Eddy said any RFC enabled function module can be used as web service without any extra effort (use BSP application 'webservicebrowser' to generate the WSDL). With WAS 6.40 you can additionally create virtual interface by going to <i>Utility->More Utility->Create Web Service->From Function module</i> in SE37.

For consuming you need to create a client proxy from web service in question using SE80->Workbench->Edit Object->Choose Enterprise Services tab->Choose Client proxy.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

Message was edited by: Sanjeev Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you said yes function module as webservice. is it necessary i must know java if i'll do to change from function module to webservice?

Cheers,

Kannan.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Absolutely no Java needed. Have a look at the weblogs Eddy mentioned. There isn't even the hint of Java in there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

If you have SAP R/3 system as WASAS 6.20 or lower version then you might not have option to create webservice at this location. Utility->More Utility->Create Web Service->From Function module in SE37.

So, in this case, follow these steps:

1. set FM as RFC enabled

2. Go to SE80 transaction, and there open BSP application WEBSERVICEBROWSER.

3. Activate this application here.

4. Now, choose search.html page in this application, and choose teat option from the context menu

5. Now, Enter your Function module name in the page displayed.

6. Here, it will give us WSDL link for this function module

7. Use this link to call web service, which in turn calls your FM in SAP R/3.

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

You can create RFC enabled Function Modules and access them using JCo in Web Applications. To know more about JCo refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/47/80f671ee6e4b41b63c0fe46bd6e4f8/content.htm

www.sapgenie.com/faq/jco.htm

www.sapgenie.com/interfaces/javaconnector.htm

Thanks

Kathirvel

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In principe, all you need to set it remote enabled, but starting from 6.4 to work with virtual interfaces.

See Thomas' excellent web logs

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/15/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-xiii-developing-abap-webservices

and

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/17/bsp-a-developers-journal-part-xiv--consuming-webservices-with-abap

Eddy