Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adopt SAP standard selection screens in own programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to adopt SAP standard selection-screens in own programs

Example:

SAP offers a lot of standard reports in info system. All this reports start with the same selection screen. this screen contains a lot of fields.

1) Can I use the same screen in an own program or it is necessary to build the screen by my own.

2) In cause of the great number of selection fields in this selection screen the selection logic is complex. It is possible to use the standard SAP selection coding.

Thanks in advance

Johannes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might find the standard programs all use the same logical database and therefore have the same selection screen.

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can copy any programs selection screen and modify it accoring to your needs.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

I thought as much. But can I find out which SAP program and which screen number it is?

Do you know an easy way to adopt the selection logic?

Thanks in advance

Johannes

0 Kudos

Good Evening Johannes,

you can retrieve the name the currently active program / dynpro via the menu SYSTEM/STATUS.

Regarding Adopting the Screen logic. Well if you copy the screen definition you should also copy the screen logic. If the efforts to adopt the copy to your needs are offset by the reuse of the idea is hard to foretell.

Hope that helps,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might find the standard programs all use the same logical database and therefore have the same selection screen.

Rob