cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Extractors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to learn different extractors on the systems at the work place. are there any precautions should i take not to mess up with the systems/configurations?

I want to learn CO-PA, LO Cockpit, FI-SL.

I will create a test cube and test infosources etc. and delete once it is complete. What care should i take with ref. to data in the source system that should not be affected.

Thanks in anticipation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

The best place would be help.sap.com. Under each module you can see various data sources/info sources. All the data sources are available in the R3 system. Depending on the rules in your work place you can activate data sources if not activated and the only thing you don't want to do is replicating the data sources on the BW system if it already being used. This will mess up some of your transfer rules as this would create new PSA and could over-write existing data sources and potentially could over-write if any enhancements are done. If you have sand box you can do anything you like, because all these issues can be resolved when data extractions are not involved. Once activated you can use RSA3 and see what kind of data it is extracting on the R3 side and try to make sense out of it.

Use your judgement in learning so yo won't step on any ones toes.

Award points if helpful.

Thanks,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Alex.