cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was reading over Master guide on TDMS, it mentions that it could resides on the machine as where Solution Manager resides. Is this a good option?

What if we have a Dev/QAS/PRD landscape on Solution Manager, do we need to have TDMS throughout the Solution Manager landscape?

Any help is highly appreciated?

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Solution Manager controlling transports in the landscape affect where TDMS is installed? Does it affect whether it is installed along with the SolMan or in a system by itself?

My question is more like is it a good option to install TDMS server on its own or is it okay to install with the sender system or the Sol Manager? I am just trying to see information on both aspects.

I am completely new to this tool, so if it were to reside in SolMan or the sender system, is it more like an addon feature?

Best,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manish

SAP TDMS can run on any server on which WebAS 6.20 or higher is installed. For example, you

can install SAP TDMS on the Solution Manager system. However it is recommended that you create

the TDMS server as a separate entity (on its own server). I hope that answers your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

Solution Manager can control transports within a landscape even if it is not the Domain Controller. So you can make it the domain controller but it is not a pre-requisite for controlling transports within a transport system that already has a domain controller (and backup domain controller).

The local Solman system we use can control transports for BI, ECC, and XI.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO