Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Storage area for GUI status Z_FI_UPLOAD_FIDOC 100 too small

Hi,

I have created a program for uploading and posting open items aso. I've gathered items in an internal tables and tried to display on ALV list with tree for correct and incorrect items. When table contains more than 1000 items ( not all in one document but 2 items for every single doc), ALV displays but after awhile I get the error message 'Storage area for GUI status Z_FI_UPLOAD_FIDOC 100 too small' and next step process leaves the program to initial SAP screen without dump. Error doesn't occur when item lines less than 1000. The detailed message is:

+Storage area for GUI status Z_FI_UPLOAD_FIDOC 100 too small

Message no. 00261

Diagnosis

The memory area of the basis software for the GUI status is too small for the requested status. The following is stored in this area:

Administration information in fixed length

Menu structure, F keys and push buttons of a status

The texts of the complete interface (not just of the status)

The active and the requested Excluding list (SET PF-STATUS... EXCLUDING ...).

System Response

Termination as presumably the system is unable to continue processing.

Procedure

A short-term solution might consist of leaving off the EXCLUDING for the current SET PF-STATUS...

Clear up the interface affected: in the Menu Painter (Transaction SE41), choose Utilities -> Unused objects.

If it is an interface with a large number of statuses, it may be possible to take the interface apart.

This is often possible for interfaces belonging to a function group that supplies GUI statuses for multiple programs (these programs call up function modules of the group that mainly contain a SET PF-STATUS command).

If the above solutions will not work, your system administrator will have to enlarge the profile parameter "ztta/cua_area".

Note that profile parameter "ztta/short_area" must be at least 6 times as large as "ztta/cua_area".+

There is no unused object in my GUI. Is it connecting with number of items or should I ask system admin to enlarge mentioned parameters?

Thanks for quick reply in advance,

György

Message was edited by:

György Jakabovics

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question