cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX 7.0 - SAP RFC Connection cannot register TREX_XXX_XXXXX Program ID

0 Kudos

Hello All

In SAP ECC running in Windows, I test the RFC connection created by TREXAdmin using the SM59 RFC Test Connection.

It gives the error the PROGRAM ID TREX_XXX_XXXXXXXX cannot register in the SAP GW - that communicates with a TREX Server process TREXRfcServer.exe.

I verify that for some reason the TREXRfcServer process is not running at the TREX Server machine.

Everytime I stop/start the TREX service, it does not go up, although it has been configured and worked before.

I've done already a restart to the machine and the situation stills the same.

I've checked the RFCServer.ini and the TREXDeamon.ini and even set the TREX_XXXX_XXXXXX Program ID in a section of this file with the right parameters to check if by stop/start the TREX service it goes UP, but it doesn't worked...

I think now, it is a problem in the SAP GW but it is also related with the TREX RFC Server process.

I tried to register the PROGRAM ID in the SAP GW (Trex_XXXX_XXXXXXXX) on the machine that uses this GW, however I think because the process TREXRfcServer.exe is not running, that's why the command rfcexec this process fails.

In my case when trying to register, it do not finnishes and I've to End the Process in the Task Mgr of the Windows Server.

I run the ..TREX..EXEpython unInstallationTest.py and it gives errors on the HTTP service which I think is not use for the RFC connections to the ECC system.

Does someone is experiencing the same issue or know a solution to this problem ?

Do someone know if I have to install the TREX 7.0 again with this kind of behaviour ?

Kind Regards

Sílvia C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem was solved, after the restart of the TREX processes on the remote server linked to the SAP R3 server.

Thanks for the help

Kind Regards

Sílvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

You create an RFC destination from the TREX admin tool inturn the RFC destination gets generated in your ECC server under TCP connections.

Have you started the TREX Server in your TREX admin tool after creating the RFC destination? Until you start the server the RFC destination doesnot work.

To start the server, start TREX admin then goto RFC here you can see a connect push button by clicking on which your trex server connects to the ECC server.

I can help you better if you send me the screenshots of the error you are getting.

Regards

Shirish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi Krishna,

I am also having same Problem like the above, in My scenario i am unable to create the RFC connection when i create a RFC connection it is showing the red colour

Can You Please share what was the Problem to connect the RFC connection in TREX Admintool is there any System configurations to do.

Thanks in advance.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

this is a very old call, so can you please start a new Discussion to get assistance?

Many thanks,

Graham