Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer attachement to xi

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

After reading lots of threads i still can't figure out the best solution to transfer attachements to xi.

We are on XI SP10. EBP SRM4.0.

In the standalone configuration on ebp we transfer orders with XML output to Xi via the rfc adapter.

The requirement is now to transfer to xi also the attachements of the orders.

In standard only the url of the attachement is transferred with the function BAPI_POEC_XML_SEND. attachement is sent by HTTP to server.

So as sending through RFC adapter won't work we would need to transfer the attachements in another way.

Then i thought of using proxy on ebp to transfer only the attachements to xi.

Here i'm facing issue that the connection to integration builder is not working.

But we have Kernel 6.40 it should be ok.

Anyway fm SPROX_CHECK_IFR_RESPONSE is not working.

Has somebody any idea what would be the best solution to transfer attachements?

Best regards,

Laurent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for proxy configuraiton:

Make sure that you have completed your entry in SLDAPICUST.

Do the following steps,

1. Transaction SXMB_ADM (refer to the Configuration Guide, chapter 5)

- Role of System: Application System

- Corresponding Integration Server:

dest://<your_sm59_http_destination>

2. Ensure that the RFC destinations LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI are

maintained and working (refer to the Configuration Guide, chapter 5.3)

3. Run SLDCHECK to verify that the connection to the System Landscape

Directory works.

4. Check that the Integration Repository is running and data is maintained there.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I finally get more information on the client request :

The need is to be able to receive the attachement in the BPM and transfer it with a SOAP envelope to the receiver which is an external system.

The attachement is first saved on a local host directory of ebp system.

Do you think FILE adapter would be ok to get the attachement and then transfer it to receiver with a soap adapter?

Thanks,

Regards,

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but why do u want to use BPM here?

you can definitely use File adapter to send additional files.please explain your requirement a bit more

Thanx

Aamir

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

The attachement must be integrated into the corresponding order of the bpm.

Order is transferred by RFC to BPM. In the BPM we must look at the filename that is transferred with it to get the correct physical file from the sending system directory. Here we could use File adapter. And then attach it to the order message sent to the partner with a soap envelope.

Best Regards,

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you mean to say that the RFC request will be executd first,now this request will have a field for the path and filename of the File to be picked up,then a sender file adapter will kick in and pick up the file from the directory(which was specified in RFC request) and deliver it to BPM,after that they both are combined and send to receiver

is my understanding right?

thanx

Aamir

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that's right.

And the file is transferred on the local sender server but with the function module HTTP_PUT_COMPONENT. And on this place we must get the file.

Regards,

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i m not really sure how you will configure the sender File adapter dynamically(specially the directory)

if you know that the File will always be in a specific directory ,then u can give the name of that directory and use Wildcard(*) for the filenames.

you can configure receiver file adapters attributes dynamically but for sender side i m not sure.

as far as i know the sender directory must be static,filname can definitely be set dynamically

please let me know if you will get the files in only one directory and not into any directory

Thanx

Aamir

PL:If someone knows how to set sender File attributes dynamically(specially sender directory) please let me know

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

The attachements will be stored on a web server with the fm HTTP_PUT_COMPONENT so the way to access these files is with a url.

I don't know if file adapter can manage url's to access files.

Regards,

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

It depends on what you requirement is....

In case you are interested in knowing how to send attachments through mail.... Please go through the below article by Prashanth....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6d967fbc-0a01-0010-4fb4-91c6d38c...

Cheers,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

you can use File adapter for this,as long as the attachments are available in the form of a file(XML,Flat file etc) u can pick it up and send to XI.

there are other adapters too which support attachments like Mail etc

Thanx

Aamir