Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a breakpoint be skipped?

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

My question is-

suppose i have 5 breakpoints in my pgm,now when i execute d pgm i want to skip all the first 4 breakpoints and come straight to 5th i.e execution should stop at 5th

breakpoint only.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers,

Rishi

5 REPLIES 5

Simha_
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid we can't do that..

If u dont want to stop at the first 4, u can deactivate them...

Cheers,

SImha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if it is possible in SAP. But you can have a look at following threads -

http://sap.mis.cmich.edu/sap-abap/abap03/sld020.htm

Hope this helps.

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is its a static breakpoint then you cannot delete it. If its dynamic breakpoint then you can delete the breakpoints in the debugg mode.

Cheers

VJ

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi

<b>Activatable break-points</b> are availabe sind SAP basis release >= 6.40. As a prerequisite you have to create a check-point group. Here is the coding for activatable break-point:

BREAK-POINT ID <name of check-point group>.

You can switch the break-point on/off on the fly by calling transaction SAAB and activate/inactivate the break-points.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

If you dont want first 4 Break-points better remove them .

But if you want them to be on and still want to stop at 5th .Please do like this .

First get into debugging put Break-point whereevr u want and save these positions

by SAVE BUTTON .

Now come out .Run again your program u caome into debugging , now remove next 3 BPs and dont save .

So for this case BPs 2 to 4 will be inactive .

Next time when again you run, still 5 BPs will be available. u can temporarily disable them...be deleting .

Praveen