Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Analisys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

somebody can explain how to do that:

Let say I want to check how many kg of different Items I ordered in the same period of time of the last year.

How can I rich that? I tried with "Purchase Analysis" but seems dosn't work.

Thnx in advance

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Btw, I forgot to ask you what do you mean with "I suggest stock card or inventory posting list by items"<br><br>

Can you explain me better this suggestion pls.<br><br>

Thx<br>

Roberto

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for missed explanation about it. A self developed stock card can be used to check or record the inventory increase, decrease and inventory balance that can't be based on document purchase order, delivery or invoice. It is inventory subsidiary ledger. The simple one is :

Item code :

Date/document date | Doc. No. | Qty increase | item cost | Amount | qty increase | price | amount | balance qty | item cost | Amount

Indeed, the above example quite different with your requirement but I just give a sample, you could develop it your own according to your requirement.

Inventory posting list is an inventory transactions report where you could see the inventory transaction in different part i.e items, BP or warehouse.

That's why I said if both can't solve your problem (the report) then use crystal report to develop the report you currently need. I really do not like this option but I consider SAP B1 is not a specific solution for specific company. It is ERP system for SMB where reports available in the system is actually enough for such company.

Hope you could accept this SAP B1's drawback

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem Jimmy,

thank you for you detail explanation and yes I can accept this drawback :)<br><br>

Rgds<br>

Roberto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roberta,

I would like to ask you again. the Kg you are referring to, is that your Quantity field in PO or Goods Receipt or something else.

Please let me know

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Suda if I didn't understand your question. Let put things more simple (hope so)<br><br>

I want to check how many kg I ordered (Purches Order [OPOR-POR1]) last year the same period of time, that means "october, 01 2006 - october, 26 2006"<br><br>

Hope I clarify<br><br>

Btw Im Roberto not Roberta [sorry but in this case a simple letter make the difference from male & female and Im a male ;-)]<br><br>

Cheers<br>

Roberto

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

ha..ha..ha...Suda is obsessed to seek forum points. He forgot your name. Have you had lunch Suda ? Sorry friend...

Btw, do you think your problem is solved by developed stock card report ? I also suggest inventory posting list by items.

It both can't solve, consider to develop crystal report.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,<br>

seems you & Suda are competitors the truth is that without you guys life in SAP will be more hard...<br><br>

Anyway.. coming back to my problem... yeah.. at the end no problem to create something customized like a report whatever the tool you use, the fact that SAP call "Purchase Analysis" something that is far away from the word "Analysis" from my point of view...<br><br>

Btw I don't want to be polemic. Checking the past to make a confrontation with the current year, whatever is or Purchase Order or Entry Goods....or Sales Order is the minimum that I expect from an ERP Mangement System<br><br>

Bye now Im going to have a lunch here<br>

Roberto

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

I did not mean to hurl an insult to Suda or make him a competitor , if you thought so, it is up to you. All I wanna do here are to answers as much as possible the threads (problems posted by user or end user) so that the challenge and difficulties to use SAP B1 are eliminated, after that, it is up to end user / customer that posted the message to give points or not. Btw, tks for your kudos to me.

Based on confusing SAP B1 help file, purchase analysis use is :

"To give a detailed information about the purchasing volume of your vendors, determine which vendors provide the lowest prices for their products, which products you purchase most frequently, and which of your buyers obtains the best deals". The terms volume here is quantity total of items based on UOM in all purchase orders, invoices or GRPOs line. The selection criteria there like vendor, sales employee or item tab. If you use vendor tab, you could see the total qty of item in PO, GRPO or invoices but in your case, it is quite detail and this report can't cover it.

I could only see a comparison of qty in various UOM but can't specific period that can differentiate the qty of item in Kg unit of measure. That's why I suggest stock card or inventory posting list by items. Hope you could accept the simplicity of SAP B1 :).

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,<br>

what you guys are doing here is clear to everybody, no needs to explaination. As I said you're helping people, anything else. Joking about you & Suda was a simply joke and nobody wanted to insult nobody, and I consider close this point (seems is better not makes joke, too much misundertanding)<br><br>

Thanx for your explanation about "Purchase Analysis", and reading that I can see some stuff related with analysis.<br><br>

In any case, wasn't my choice to buy SAP B1, so if I like it or not, I have to accept "the semplicity" of it. Btw, most of the time I like it, is just in some situation that drive me crazy... <br><br>

Rgs<br>

Roberto

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roberto,

You could Run the Purchase Analysis Report from the <b>Items Tab</b> and select the date range and select the range of Items. The Kg mentioned by you, is that the Quantity field?

Please let me know

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

you're totally right. I did exactely that but I got all the value with 0kg. The explanation I had was because the Item were already passed in the Entry Goods document, but for me this answer dosn't make sense.... there must be a way to check order entry, let say in our case with the value in kg as well, for a passed period of time

Thx Suda

Roberto