Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Days of Supply

liam_ryan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any method in APO of smoothing out a

supply plan similar to the range of coverage profile in R/3.

What we would like is that:

APO looks out say 100 days in the future.

Adds all demand.

Divides by 100 to get an average daily demand.

Creates a supply plan based on this average.

Thanks,

L

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the macro function "cover_calc" does just this

COVER_CALC(rows for stock on hand ; area for demand from the next period to the end of the time period ; area containing the number of workdays ; demand from the next period to the end of the time period) returns the days’ supply of a product by considering the current stock on hand, the total demand of subsequent time periods, and the number of workdays in this time period.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

liam_ryan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Can we use this dynamic safety stock in PP/DS? I checked the related SAP note, I did all the customizing master data but cannot see safety stock in product view.

Thanks,

Ergul

liam_ryan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks M...

I was coming to the conclusion also that Macros were

the only solution.

Anyone else have any ideas.. ??

If not I will award you the points.

thanks,

L

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would advocate trying Lot Size procedure (under Lot Size tab) of "By Period" and Period Type Days. Number of periods may have to be set to 1 to ensure daily requirements. Let me know if this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liam.

I believe that you could acheive this in SNP with the use of macros manipulating the target stock level key figure.

You could include a TS key figure to capture average daily demand and include it how you require in the calculation of the target stock level.

Under normal conditions, Heuristic run aims to reach the target stock level in each bucket.

Haven't tried it, but would suggest caution when moving away from standard SNP macros and lots and lots of testing.

Hope this helps.

M