cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking existing address as "Ship to Address" for a "Business Partner"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to link existing address as "Ship to Address" for Business Partner.

We have already tried thru' the tcode BP. It allows to create a New address but doesn't allow to link an existing address to BP.

Pls advise asap.

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shekhar,

You can use 'Edit Address' link of Business partner section for assigning any address as

Ordering/shipfrom/invoicing party address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

There is no standard way of linking existing address to BP. You could create your custom code, a BDC or something and then upload the delivery addresses to the particular BP.The prgoram shall upload the delivery addresses into table ADRC and tie these newly created BP numbers in table BUT020.

Hope this info helps !

Pls assign points if answer solved your questions !

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Thanks for the response. My reqmnt is that the Addresses and BP both are existing in the system. And I need to link these addresses as 'Ship to Address' for the Users / BPs.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shekhar,

You can use the ADDR_SHIPT attribute to assign various existing delivery addresses numbers to the existing Users/BP in the Org Structure.

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

I have already tried doing the same. Also, made it default but at the time of creation of Shopping cart the address didn't default.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you maintained corresponding settings in PPOMA_BBP for Defaulting the address ??

Also ensure, the settings are made in BBPMAININT (Manage Business Partner - Web transaction) as well.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. I had marked the "Delivery Address" as Default in the User Attributes thru' PPOMA_BBP. Still, the address doesn't get defaulted at the time of SC creation.

Secondly, the settings for Addresses thru' BBPMAININT can be maintained only for the company code and here again you can add new addresses and can't link an existing address.

Pls advise.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar!

Not sure which version you are using or if you have already fixed this issue. I think I encountered an issue in SRM 5 where after all the ship-to addresses were assigned to an org, the link broke. Follow the instructions below to reattach the ship-to

- Go to bp txn,

- select the org where you want to assign the ship-to,

- click on the details for the org

- Go to the Address tab.

- Highlight the Ship-to in the Address Usage.

- Click on the new button (it is next to the Standard and Validity).

- A pop-up will appear with all the addresses. You can select the address you want to assign as ship-to for the org.

- Save the information

If you need more information send me your email address and I can send you screenshots.

Venkat

arakoni@hotmail.com

Message was edited by:

Venkat Arakoni

Message was edited by:

Venkat Arakoni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thnx for your response. I think my query is getting mis-understood.

We need to map the existing addresses as Ship to Address for BP. These addresses exists in the system and could be traced thru' ADRC and BUT020 tbls. We can create new addresses, but it will be duplicacy of the data.

Pls advise.

Rgds.