cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error saving job SAP_REORG_JOBS to database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to save the standard job, SAP_REORG_JOB, but I get the following error each time I try and save it: "Error saving job SAP_REORG_JOBS to database"

When I click the help, I get the following:

Error saving job SAP_REORG_JOBS to database

Message no. BT117

Diagnosis

The SAP system was unable to save the current job in the database. This failure suggests that there is a problem with the database system or with the network connections between the SAP application servers and the database system.

System Response

Job not saved and not scheduled.

Procedure

To analyze this problem, start by checking the system log for messages about network or database problems. You can also use the computing center management system to check your system for problems.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

This job was setup and working under a user that we needed to remove from the system. So I deleted the job and I now get this error when trying to create it.

Please help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just came across this issue in two systems....

Reason was a nonexistent variant for the ABAP report. You can see the variants in table REORGJOBS in SE16.

In the systemlog you will also find indication of a missing/faulty variant if this is the reason for this error.

Cheers, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just came across this issue in two systems....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Drew Henning

-did you try execute 'r3trans -d' at OS level to check the connectivity between your SAP system and Database?

- Can you please check if table TCOLL has any issues at database level? b'coz TCOLL is the table where all jobs would be defined.

- Set the parameter value of rdisp/wp_no_btc to the number of background work processes you want in the instance profile of each background server.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all:

i had a similar error but the job was SAP_REORG_ORPHANED_JOBLOGS. You must define it without the standard job button, in the initial screen of the sm36 transaction.

kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am getting below error while i try to default schedule all the house keeping jobs in my system:

****Error saving job to database****

I got below messgae along with this . I have checked whole system i didnot find any issue with database connectivity or network issue.Please help me ...

**MESSAGE***

Diagnosis

The SAP system was unable to save the current job in the database. This failure suggests that there is a problem with the database system or with the network connections between the SAP application servers and the database system.

System Response

Job not saved and not scheduled.

Procedure

To analyze this problem, start by checking the system log for messages about network or database problems. You can also use the computing center management system to check your system for problems.

I tried to find out the solution by given method above but couldnot get through...

looking for kind cooperation .

Thanks and Regards

Arun Kumar Rathour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this notes. This might help.

Note 800927 - Standard jobs in the SCM/APO area

Note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

Regards,

Jeff

Please reward if helpful.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Drew...

Have you tried modifying the job name?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I modify the name of a standard job?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to SM37 look for the job -> then copy the job with a new name -> release

Hope that help

Juan