cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe and Zebra printer

Former Member

Hello All,

I have two questions on this topic:

Has anyone use Adobe forms and print a label using zebra printer? Currently we are using smartforms and we have to send command to rotate the text in the label. Will the Adobe forms works without the need of sending rotate command?

Also, would like to check on how to utilize different printer fonts that is available in zebra printer. In smartforms, only Helvetica font is supported and if you need additional fonts, you need to create a print control for it. By using Adobe forms, I'm hoping there is an easy way to do this. I read some documentation that in order to add the fonts, we need to put the font file in a certain directory and that's it. I'm not sure if this also valid for zebra printer.

Any info would be appreciated. I'm trying to make a case that by going to Adobe form at least for printing solution/non interactive forms, will help the form programmer to expedite the form design compared to smartforms especially when dealing with zebra printer.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

thorsten_muller
Explorer

Hi!

It is possible to print PDF on Zebra printer but there are still some bugs. E.g. it is not possible to print a rotated barcode, sometimes barcodes are streched to the whole width of the page, sometimes lines are not printed and so on. On a laser printer it works fine but not on Zebra. Currently we are having an open case with SAP and Adobe to solve these problems.

So, if you are not rotating anything it works quite nice. We have started the first labels in production.

regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem here w/ 2d barcodes.

When using adobe forms to format (not smart forms) I can print to laser printers no problem, with perfect formatting. When sending to Zebra or Intermec+ZSIM I can't get the 2d barcode right.

Smartforms work fine, 1d on adobe w/ ZPL works fine... 2d with adobe? Does not work.

We figured out what is happening, but can't get it fixed either. Ours is making each row of the 2d the size specified for all rows. So it's 10-15 times longer than it's supposed to be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten

we are just planning to rollout ADS for Smartforms

Do you have any more information on your scenario?

Thanks

regards

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

What should be done in order to print Adobe forms on Zebra printers???

Thanks ahead

Eyal

0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten - we want to print adobe forms on zebra printers. With interest i found that you have already done this before, could you give me a hint wich device-type you used to do this - have you used the report RSPO0022 to import the xdc-file - wich xdc file did you used for this ?

Thanks a lot for reply

Winni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon!

I was wondering if you found a solution for printing Adobe print forms (with bar-codes) on a Zebra printer. We are printing from Smartforms, but recent design changes to the tags require all of the fields be rotated 90, 180, or 270 degrees. I don't think I can do that in Smartforms..I've never gotten it to work before. But I can get the rotation to work on Adobe Print Forms. The problem is that, when I select the Zebra printer in SAP, I get a message: "Device type unsuitable for ADS documents" and nothing will print. I would appreciate an insight you could share.

Thanks!

Bill

Hi Bill,

yes it works - we use it productive for half an year to print barcodes and so on...it works good, if you have configured it well...i will try to give you some helpful hints:

1. If ADS is not configured yet in your installation use the guide "Adobe Document Services Configuration for SAP NetWeaver 7.0"

2. read SAP Note 685571 - it describes how to install the xdc file for Zebra Printers into the sap system (you have to install it on the system your sap runs - not the ads system). The appropriate device type is the AZPL203 (we tried a little bit to find this out)

3. in SPAD define a Printer, use devicetype AZPL203, if your Zebra Printer is connected via LAN (i recommend this) use the host spool access method "C - direct operating system call"

4. be sure to have a zebra printer supporting ZPL2 - for example first we tried it with Zebra TPL 282x series - it doesn´t worked - then we found out that the printer model must support ZPL2.0 for Adobe Printing, now we use a newer model the Zebra TPL 2824 PLUS with integrated LAN interface.

5. and last but not least !!! if you are using a windows printserver, you have to use the driver "ZPL TLP 2824 Plus (ZPL)"

(6. try to use the most recent patches for your ads system)

good luck - i would be glad to hear from you.

best regards

Winfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using Zebra printer to print the labels with adobe forms.

Since our client need a label of size (1Inch X 4 Inch) , We have designed a custom page (paper type : custom) and gave height as 1 Inch and width as 4 Inch. Since the height is less than the Width Orientation of our form is automatically changing to Landscape. we continued our design in landscape and then when we try to print the label it is not printed as required( 1X 4 Inch) Instead it is printing upside down(means vertical).

Is there any way to solve this issue? I read some where that the ZEBRA printer drivers matters here, is it corect?

is there any way to rotate the whole label to 90 degrees before we print? do we have any script avialable to this?

can we restrict the orientation of the form manully ( I mean even if the length s less and width is more) I want my form to be in portrait?

Some body please help me here.

Regards,

Brahma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue. Trying to use a 3/4" x 2.0" label the Adobe Form sets it at landscape and therefore prints it vertical. I changed the XDC file (copied first and pointed to correctly thru SPAD) by replacing 0 with 90 as shown in my copied XDC file:

<option name="outputZeroRotation">90</option>^M

No rotation occurs. Where would I put a rotation command to invoke this line?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Portrait / Landscape solution...

I created a Formcalc Script command in the Adobe Form to force the Form to print in "portrait" mode... here's the code...

data.Master_Page.Page1.Script_Portrait::initialize - (FormCalc, server)

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Set Page1 orientation to Portrait to override automatic setting of Landscape caused

//by Height Width values.

Page1.medium.orientation = "portrait"

This Script is in a Text Field in node... data-->Master_Page-->Page1-->Text_Field

Hope this helps...

Dave...

0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to print labels with Smartforms on Zebra printer. I cound not rotate fields using command node attributes S_LZPL_SETUP with '^FWR'.

It does not work at all. If you can share your experience that will be great.

Thanks & Regards

Shantha Bandara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Do you use Abobe form to print on Zebra?

How is the print quality ?

It seems that printing PDF file on thermal printer is not a good quality of printing, or not ?

Thanks.

Mario