Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please go thru the following lines from SAP help web site

"Collective conversion (several planned orders)

Collective conversion is also possible as a background job.

All purchase requisitions that were created as described above are firmed automatically. They are no longer changed by the system in subsequent planning runs."

My doubt is if it is not firmed what changes will occur and why changes will occur.?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jejesh,

The Procurement Proposals ( Planned Orders / Purchase Requisitons ..) are created due to the MRP run depending on the Requirements ( ex: Planned Independent Requirements/ Customer Requirements/ Sales Orders ..)

These procurement proposals change if the Requirements change before the next run.

If you donot want to have the already created planned orders / purchase requiesitions to be changed even the Requirements are changed.. you do this by firming.

Firming is done by MRP Type ( which has a firming type assigned to it) and the planning time fence.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would suggest you to go through a test case to find out.

Create a planned order and then do full convert it to purchase requisition.

I hope you understand what it means by "Conversion of planned order to purchase requisition"

Now try to find the planned order in the system.

You will not find because you have already converted it.

So you cannot change it.

thanks

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The MRP elements which are not firmed will tend to change in the next MRP run, when the requirement changes.

If they are firmed , even though requirement chamnges also they will never change.

Regards

YMREDDY