cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP - handling of cell specific Notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

I have 2 questions regarding the use of Notes for cells in the interactive DP planning table:

1. Can there just be 1 Note per cell?

2. What is the maximum length (number of characters) for a given Note.

Thanks,

Bob Austin, Atos Origin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Yes there can be a unique note attached to a particular cel as it is a unique combination....ofcource this note can be of multiple lines..... I dont think you will find any problem because of limitation of max lines.... 1 line can be of 132 chars long....

have a look at following function calls and do a run at your system to understand is better :

Use following FM to get the document table name attached to your planning area (feild DOCTAB), Contents of this table will explain you that ther can be only one DOCID for the combination:

FM CALL FUNCTION '/SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_SINGLE_GET'

EXPORTING

iv_pareaid = p_area

IMPORTING

es_areako = wa_areako

et_keyfs = t_keyfigs

EXCEPTIONS

not_found = 1

OTHERS = 2.

Use following FM to write notes on a PA.

CALL FUNCTION '/SAPAPO/MSDP_NOTE_WRITE'

EXPORTING

iv_docid = wa_docid-docid

it_notetext = t_notetext

is_notehead = wa_notehead

IMPORTING

es_notehead = wa_headwrite

EXCEPTIONS

save_failed = 1

OTHERS = 2.

Tell me if you need anything else in this !

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bit more info... In the notes you can add more than 500000 lines..

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it is for other users, you can create another data view to do so

you can create a note in another planning version for the same cell. but thats a lot of space for just adding notes. you can also use /SAPAPO/COPY_NOTES for copying notes

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There can be one note per cell. However if your requirement is to have multiple users add onto notes, you can always create a txt extension file template with sections for different users to add notes. The txt file can be easily uploaded/downloaded in the notes section. Users can also access globally the notes in /sapapo/sdp_notes transaction and edit directly in that transaction based on authorization.

To answer your other question, there is also no maximum length as such in the notes area. My guess is it can be as long as any user may possibly want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my opinion you can only attache one note to one cell.

I didn't find something about the max. character number, you may have to run a test.

- Christian