cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify property file from the server side.

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I have a webdynpro DC project which contains property file in application package.

like com.sap.appName.propertyFile.properties

Once i generate an *.ear file, is there any way to change the property file from server side ?

Like my property file contains some confiuration information required in application and i want to change it from serverside...

Is it possible by any way ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I hope this can help you

<a href="/people/daniel.wirbser/blog/2005/09/28/properties-files-in-web-dynpro-applications-how-to-use-the-wdconfiguration-api:///people/daniel.wirbser/blog/2005/09/28/properties-files-in-web-dynpro-applications-how-to-use-the-wdconfiguration-api

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Try to create the property file in < project name>/src/configuration/Applications/< application name>.

Accessing the property file

// access the deployable object part of the application you are currently in.

WDDeployableObjectPart currentAppPart = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart();

// access the property file under the deployable object part.

IWDConfiguration cicConfig = WDConfiguration.getConfigurationByName (currentAppPart, "<name of property file>");

// get the string value of the property.

String key = cicConfig.getStringEntry ("<key>");

Rebuild and deploy the application. The property file of your application is created as a property sheet in:

Visual Admin-Configuration Adapter/webdynpro/local/<project name>/Applications/<application name>/Property sheet.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ayyapparaj