cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter issue - files not processed (file name mask is *)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I have a problem I never faced before. My file adapter doesn't process files in the source directory. When I put there exact file's name, it is processed. But when I use * , nothing happen. This is very strange. I was wondering, if problem can't be in that my PI box is UNIX and it's accessing Win filesystem.

Any ideas, what to try?

Thank you!

Olian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If posible restart the XI server, some time strange problems are solved after restart. )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh, you are definetely right but it is not this case. I tried to connect directly to ftp and when I try del * it is not working, but when I provide exact file name, it is deleted. So there is something with the ftp, just I have no idea, what

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olian,

As you mentioned that you are using FTP, try to use NFS mode (just for testing) and see if it is working.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

even i have the same setup as your and i m able to poll files easily(with or without wildcards).it does happens sometimes that the file don't has proper authorizations or the directory does not has proper authorizations,try using a different directory.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh, normally it's working, we use a lot of scenarios with files. Now we are using new FTP server , so problem could be there..

Olian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir, you can be probably right, but we can read, write, delete... Everything with the same user account. Wouldn't it be strange not to be able to use wildcards?

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>Wouldn't it be strange not to be able to use wildcards?

no,it doesn't matter,the authorization given to user is different and the permission given to directories are different.

the permissions for one directory can be that any developer with sufficient authorization can access it(modify,delete,read) but the other directory doesn't has the permission so the same developer might not be able to access it.

right click on the directory/file and make sure the permissions are 777

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but I meant the one directory we're working in. We can write, delete there, so we should be able also use wildcards, don't we?

However, I tried it on a directory with 777 attributes. There is a file named clooo.ttt. When I run del .ttt I get Requested action not taken, file unavailable. The same for clooo. , clooo*,... But when I type del clooo.ttt, the file is deleted...

Any suggestions?

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

also give a try with . .may work!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Biplab,

I have trieeed

Didn't work...

I know, this is strange, but...

Olian