cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to SLD could not be opened successfully

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I go to Content Administration -> WebDynpro->Check SLD Connection.

Test SLD connection gives a message "Connection to SLD could not be opened successfully"

Does this message mean I dont have enough rights to access SLD or is it that SLD is not configured with the Portal System.

Also the buttons to the left 'Create JCo Destination' 'Maintain JCo Destination' and 'Start assigned SLD' are all disabled.

This Portal System has backend BW connectivity as it pulls BW reports to the Portal. If SLD is not configured where are all these systems maintained?

Waiting for reply!

Veena.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

I am confused!

what are the ways the system connects to the backend?

I want to know the connection flow.

Can you please explain?

Thanks,

Veena.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

Well, i didnt get what ways are you talking about, look when you create a system object in portal, and you can maintain the connection with the backend, then you must be thinking, why does we need SLD?? well SLD maintains all your servers in one single landsacpe.It has no as such use in connection to the backend but only when you are not using JCOs that too of your own JCOs. when you use just a system object , set alias, set user mapping and your connection is done, But when you need JCOs to have a connection to backend message server, that time you need SLD maintained.

I hope this will clear your doubt at least a bit.

Regards,

Ameya

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes correctly guessed!!, SLD is not configured , you need to configure your SLD first then only those JCO buttons will be enabled. well, also is if you do not have enough credentials then it will not let you logged into the SLD at all, but from your reply i think you have logged into the SLD, so i think this is the issue related to only SLD configuration.

Also not necessary that your system fetches data from backend BW means it have to be maintained in SLD, look system object gets stored in PCD, but when you need to have a JCO connection to the backend, and you need to select the message server then only you need to maintain the landscapes.

Hope this clears your doubt at least.

Regards,

Ameya