cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Menu PZM3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i'm working with ESS implementation team.

SAP Provides PZM3 service for ESS main menu. My question is, is it good to make modifications to PZM3 and its associated services or to take a copy of it (PZM3 - leaving it unchanged) and work on the copy (say ZPZM3).

regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

SAP lets you play around with the HTML Templates without having to rgeister it as a modification to the code. If you can meet your needs with HTML changes go for it.. If you have a custom copy, you will have the flexiblity of changing the ABAP code for the screens, the logic in the function modules etc.. the downside is you have to monitor the changes during upgrades..

Good luck,

Suresh Datti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are using the 'PZM3' customized menu using ITS 6.2 connecting to SAP 4.7. One of our group company wants to use different ESS menu.

So i have copied 'PZM3' to 'PZM4' and did the required modifications in the new menu. But while connecting to ESS (scripts/wgate/pzm4!) , the same 'PZM3' menu is appearing even after publishing new service menu 'pzm4'. How to activate the new menu in the same ITS. Can anybody help on this. I need to address this requirement very urgent.

Regards,

Dharani

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Always make a copy...much safer. From there, simply set up via config (IMG) to use your new PZM3 menu (this is like setting up Life&Work Event menus). VERY Easy to do and you might as well do it right the first time. 😃