cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problems in MSCS ORACLE 10.2 ECC 6.00

former_member449615
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am writing to report some unexpected installation problems. I am installing SAP ECC 6.00 in a MSCS cluster environment (Windows 2003 / Oracle 10.2) in our production environment and I am having problems during the installing the central instance phase. The sapinst_dev shows the following error: “CJS-30102 Checking the database for installation type failed”, Also the jsourcecheck.log shows the following error: “com. sap. engine. frame. core. configuration. Configuration Exception: Error while connecting to DB” and “java. sql. SQLException: Excepción de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection at oracle. jdbc.driver. DatabaseError. throwSqlException (DatabaseError.java:112)”

The database is currently running without any problem and all the services (SAP and Oracle) as well.

Following the installation guide, I performed the almost all the steps successfully:

• Oracle RDBMS, patches and Oracle fail safe software on both nodes (successfully)

• Install the central services instance for ABAP (ASCS) on the first MSCS node (successfully)

• Install the central services instance (SCS) on the first MSCS node (successfully)

• Cluster the first MSCS node (successfully)

• Install the database instance on the first MSCS node (successfully)

• Cluster the additional MSCS node (successfully)

• Install an enqueue replication server(successfully)

• Perform additional steps for the Oracle Fail Safe configuration (successfully)

• Create the Oracle Fail Safe group (successfully)

• Set up as shared database directory in your Oracle Home (successfully)

• Add the Oracle database resource to the Fail Safe group (successfully)

• install the central instance (Failed)

• install at least one dialog instance (not installed yet)

As you can observe, I have performed the create oracle fail safe group activity first and then the install the central instance later. Reading the sap note 967121 today, I just realized that there is a wrong installation sequence; the sap note 967121 (actualized date: 17/OCT/07 ) says that “you must install the central instance before you create the Oracle Fail Safe group”. Is this sequence compulsory? Or can I continue the installation process?

If this sequence is compulsory do I have to reinstall all the predecessor activities or should I undo just the create oracle fail safe group activity?

Please let me know if the error which is showed in the installation of the central instance phase is because the wrong sequence or it is due to another reason.

Our cluster configuration is:

4 network card

Public network cards:

Ip:192.168.2.240 (hostname: ccaribe3rp1, Node A)

Ip: 192.168.2.241 (hostname: ccariber3p2, node B)

Private network cards:

Ip: 10.10.10.1 (hostname: ccaribe3rp1.ceramicascaribe.com, node A

Ip: 10.10.10.2 (hostname: ccaribe3rp2.ceramicascaribe.com, node B

Clustergroup:

Cluster group name: SAPPRO

Cluster group Virtual IP: 192.168.2.239, network name: SAPPRO (subnet mask 255.255.255.0)

SAP cluster group:

Sap clustergroup virtual IP: 192.168.2.238, network name: sapgrp (subnet mask 255.255.255.0)

Database cluster group:

Database cluster group virtual Ip: 192.168.2.237, network name: dbgrp (subnet mask: 255.255.255.0)

We have performed the mapping of the host names to the IP addresses on the windows host file already.

I would be very grateful if someone kindly can help me to solve this problem.

Best Regards

Boris Romero

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Boris,

one of the main problems is that step

"Create the Oracle Fail Safe group (successfully)"

cannot be successful because you need to run configtool and change the secure store as described in installation guide. At this stage the configtool does not exists (documentation error for ECC6.0 guide), so the correct sequence is to install CI and cluster the DB, but not vice versa.

Which stage is the sapinst braking up?

Is this beginning, middle or end of installation?

Did you try to run configtool and modify secure store?

best regards

former_member449615
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Yaroslav,

When I performed the "create the oracle fail safe group", I skipped the configtool and the secure store activities because I thought that it was a mistake from the sap guide, so I finished the configuration of the oracle safe group succesfully. After that I began to install tha Central instance and I am having the problem that I mentioned before.

My question is: is this problem caused by the wrong sequence?

If it is the case, how can I undo the changes?

Thanks in advance for your support

Boris

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to run config tool and modify secure store - will look if it works...

former_member449615
Discoverer
0 Kudos

configtool is not installed yet by sapinst, how can I do it?

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is it.

try to uncluster DB, install CI and modify secure store, cluster DB

former_member449615
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ok thanks a lot for your support

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yaroslav,

I am also facing the same problem and not able to perform the CI installation, NW 2004s SR2 with Windows 2003 Ent 64bit Server/SM-SQL 2005. The sequence mentioned in the SAPInst and Installation Guide is correct.

1.ASCS

2.SCS

3.First MSCS Node

4.Database Instance

5.Additional MSCS Node

6.Enqueue Replication Server

7.Central Instance

8.Dialog Instance

Rayees Palot

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rayees,

for SQL Server the routine is correct.

The difference between SQL Server and Oracle installation, is that you cluster SQL Server DB before you start SCS, ASCS and other installation steps, so the virtual DB names is used in installation from the beginning.

best regards