XL Reporter on SBO2005 SP1 PL10 & MS SQL Server 2005
Has any1 installed XL Reporter on SBO 2005 SP1 that has MS SQL Server 2005???
I keep getting an error....
"Unable to connect to XL Reporter....
User Authentication Failed.
......SQL Server does not exist or access is denied. Cant connect to database provider ........"
I'm pasting the SAP note for you:
TCP/IP might not be enabled in the SQL Server Configuration Manager
1.Properties for SQL server selected to allow SQL server &
- To do this: In SQL server Management studio-Right click on Server -Properties - Security -
choose Allow SQL server & Windows authentication
2. Under Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> configuration tools ->
Configuration Manager - client protocols - enable the tcp/ip
3.In SQL server configuration manager SQL server 2005 Network configuration - enable the TCP/IP
4. In SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration
- Surface Area Configuration for services and connections
- Expand SQL 2005 - Database Engine - Remote Connections
- Choose Local and remote connections and select using both TCP/IP nad named pipes
5. In SQL Server Management Studio -> Right click on the server instance -> stop the service and start again.
Hope this helps