cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ADS from ABAP - Rich Text

0 Kudos

I give it another try:

Are there any experts who could look into this and give a short example?

This question has been asked multiple times in the forum but was never answered.

It should be possible to send xhtml data from abap to an ADS form. This does not work however.

If the html is put into a string the form displays the html source as the brackets are escaped to & lt ; and & gt ;.

If the html is put into an xstring the form displays the hexadecimal represantation of

the xstring.

I create a form with ddic or xml based interface. It has a text field with field format rich text and text format xhtml. Data binding is $data.data.message.

System is WAS 7.00 sp st 13.

Rich text data is the following xml (this is the example from Jürgen Hauser's blog about rich text /people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2006/03/01/growing-rich-text-fields-in-adobe-interactive-forms 😞

<data>
 <message>
  <body xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <p>
    <i>Sara Lea</i><br/>
    <b>Katrina Lisa</b>
   </p>
  </body>
 </message>
</data>

I put this xml into a file and use this file as example data in SFP. Then the pdf preview displays the two names formatted in italics and bold.

Which data types must be used to hold html data in abap and which data nodes must the form interface contain to be able to pass html to a form?

I would really appreciate any hints on what I'm doing wrong or, even better, a working example of using rich text from abap.

TIA and BR,

Sebastian Fuchs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not possible to pass directly XHTML-formatted text to Adobe formulars.

If possible, you should create text modules or include texts in the repository and refer to them in the form's context. You could even do that programmatically.

I hope this helps you to go on.

Best regards,

Dezso Pap