cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Page Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i am trying to create a Custom Logon Page.

i downloaded the logon.par file form the portal, edited the paramters in the xml file,renamed the xml file, uploaed the file via config tool again, restarted the cluster r, checked in UME i can c my xml file registered there .....

But when i try to open the logon page the there are errorrs diplayed instead of the logon page...

the new xml which i registered code is as follows...

[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Configuration File for Authentication Schemes -->

<!-- $Id: //shared_tc/com.sapall.security/630_SP_COR/src/_deploy/dist/configuration/shared/authschemes.xml#4 $ from $DateTime: 2004/01/20 17:27:21 $ ($Change: 14181 $) -->

<document>

<authschemes>

<!-- authschemes, the name of the node is used -->

<authscheme name="uidpwdlogon">

<!-- multiple login modules can be defined -->

<authentication-template>

ticket

</authentication-template>

<priority>20</priority>

<!-- the frontendtype TARGET_FORWARD = 0, TARGET_REDIRECT = 1, TARGET_JAVAIVIEW = 2 -->

<frontendtype>2</frontendtype>

<!-- target object -->

<frontendtarget>com.sap.portal.runtime.NewParLogonPage.certlogon</frontendtarget>

</authscheme>

<authscheme name="certlogon">

client_cert

<priority>21</priority>

<frontendtarget>com.sap.portal.runtime.NewParLogonPage.certlogon</frontendtarget>

</authscheme>

<authscheme name="basicauthentication">

ticket

<priority>20</priority>

<frontendtarget>com.sap.portal.runtime.NewParLogonPage.basicauthentication</frontendtarget>

</authscheme>

<authscheme name="header">

header

<priority>5</priority>

<frontendtarget>com.sap.portal.runtime.NewParLogonPage.header</frontendtarget>

</authscheme>

<!-- Reserved 'anonymous' authscheme added for being in the list of authschemes -->

<authscheme name="anonymous">

<priority>-1</priority>

</authscheme>

</authschemes>

<!-- References for Authentication Schemes, this section must be after authschemes -->

<authscheme-refs>

<authscheme-ref name="default">

<authscheme>uidpwdlogon</authscheme>

</authscheme-ref>

<authscheme-ref name="UserAdminScheme">

<authscheme>uidpwdlogon</authscheme>

</authscheme-ref>

</authscheme-refs>

</document>

[/code]

PLease help as to wat happened and how do i rectify it.

I can again point out to my original xml file and i m able to c the logon page...but not when i try to point to the new par file.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u run and check the customized logon page from

portalapp.xml -> Run.

If it works fine, then try changing the original page with your page.

Else it is not advisable to change the original logon page. Always remember to take a copy and try your changes.

Once it is all working fine, then go ahead to change the logon page to your page in authschemes.xml.

Now if you want the original authschemes.xml, u can try 2 options.

1) Check if u can get it from some other portal server.

2) Logon to Config tool. Revert back the changes. Restart the portal.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thank for ur immediate reply,

Hi as i have written earlier i still have my original xmm file and i reverted back and it is running fine, but according to my Org. need i want to create a Custom page

PLease tell me where do i execute portalapp.xml -> Run. from??

VA, Config Tool or Portal??

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you import your PAR file in NWDS ,there you need to run this portalapp.xml file, If this portalapp file runs properly then changes made by you are reflecting and then only you should proceed with the deployment. well, also check that you have umelogonbase.jar file into your NWDS project. without these two JAR files, you will keep on getting the errors.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i have already added both the jar files to my prject ...

but one point still not answered, where do i run the portalapp.xml file from?

please give the detailed road map to go ahead?

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you import the original PAR file into the NWDS?? if yes then open this project, in the folders hierarchy, there will be a folder <b>"dist"</b> at the bottom, open it, in this folder there will be folder named <b>PORTAL-INF</b>, open this folder, in this you will find portalapp.xml file, now open this file and Click on RUN against the <b>Default</b> component. and see if changes are getting reflected.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amey thanks,

i got the page and i also made a small code change n preview it from NWDS. I can see the changes what i intended.

Now i am back to my first problem when i refer this par file i.e the new Authsememes.xml (i have name it Productive-Authsememes.xml as per a blog )

when i point it in the config tool to the UME intstead of the Original one there are errors and logon page is nt seen.

I have above attached the code of the new xml file tooo..... hope have not messed in dat..

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect that you are creating the node of this new authschemes.xml file at wrong location. where have you crerated node for your this new file in config tool?

look you have to do following

go to config tool --> click on pencil icon to modify settings --> cluster_data --> dispatcher --> server --> persistent --> com.sap.security.core.ume.service here you have add new node for modified authschemes.xml file, for that right click on

com.sap.security.core.ume.service and select <u>Export</u> here export your new authschemes.xml file and then save and restart the server..

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

I have created the new xml file entry exactly at the same place where you have said earlier only.

my new file name porductive_authschemes.xml file lies jst under the original file authschemes.xml file. Hence it seems that i have linked it properly

After linking i have restarted the Cluster also but the logon page gave errors.

And the new par file now when i m testing it via portalapp.xml it works fine and i m able to c my changes done

Any other thing which i may have missed out??

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Have you custom applied this file in logon.authschemes.definition property?

also let me know what exact errors you are getting?

Something like "Error in authschemes computation??"

Regards,

Ameya

Message was edited by:

Ameya Pimpalgaonkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

The Error displyed is as follows:

Portal Run Time Error.

An exception occured while processing the request for :

iView: NA

Component Name: NA

The exception was logged. Inform your system administrator..

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

You will not see this "Authschemes computation error " here, you have to look for a detailed error, in error log files you can look in default_trc file for this detailed error.In this file, go at the bottom and see if the error specified by me is there.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi please suggest the path to get the default trace file.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to go to server on which your portal is installed, or if you dont have access then, you can also access all log files right from the portal, use following way:

As you have super admin role, then go to system administration --> support --> SAPWebAS system Information

--> here you will find "Test and configuration Tools" under this there is a link named

"SAPWebAS log viewer" click on it and you can fild default_trc files and all log files here

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I would really appreciate it if you can tell me if you have received an answer/solution for your following thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1225637

We currently have a high severity incident open as I type this mail.

Thanks!

Ian

Answers (0)