cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Like Modelling Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Life Cycle Planning(Like Modelling). For this I created the CVCs for a new Product through Realignment using another product. This old product had a custom Characteristics(Z9AMATNR) in POS and is working fine for everything.

But when I try to create a Like Profile within the same Plng Area with Txn : /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST1 - Lifecycle Planning, it throws the following error

=======

Errors have been found in your Customizing settings

For detailed information, see consulting note #354660

The basic settings cannot be saved

Characteristic for product 9AMATNR is not in the planning object structure.

========

I checked the note 354660,350065 and 382399 and maintained "/SAPAPO/FCST_LIKE" user parameter in my use profile.

My Z9MATNR Infoobject is defined with "ALPHA" Conversion routine and is of 20 Characters. It has leading zeros also.

I couldn't locate the problem. I have not changed the ALPHA to PRODU to avoid any infocube problems.

Can anyone suggest?

TIA,

Arunesh Chakrapani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arunesh,

You need to assign your custom product characteristic Z9AMATNR in the Master Planning Object Structure you are using.

That should allow you to do Like Planning.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

My custom Charac "Z9AMATNR" is already assigned to the Master POS.

It fails after I do the following :

APO DP>Life Cycle Plng>Basic Settings(with Plng Area mentioned).> Execute> Maintain "Z9AMATNR" as Characteristic --> Adopt

with errors "Characteristic for product 9AMATNR is not in the planning object structure".

I can however create CVCs for the new product using Realignment and it is succefull. Also the Phase-In/Out Profile can be created w/o probs.

Just to bluff the system I entered the 9AMATNR in the Master POS temporarily and it didn't give me the error once and I could then create the Like Profile and assign it to my master profile to do the Uni. Var. forecasting. But it failed to load the key fig data. saying there is a problem in basic customizing settings ;(

Can there be any problem due to leading Zeros, as outlined in one of these notes. My custom characteristics "Z9AMATNR" is 20 Char length of ALPHA conv type and unfortunately I loaded the cube with 15 leading zeros.

I also tried changing the ALPHA conversion to PRODU in infoobject but in vain.

Any clue?

TIA,

Arunesh Chakrapani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunesh.

I think what Somnath was referring to was to assign your Z9AMATERIAL characteristic to Material for the Planning Object Structure.

To do this, in the Planning Object Structure, Menu: <b>Edit->Assign Product/Location</b>

Would need to assign a Location characteristic also.

hope this helps.

M

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Percx has already replied your subsequent qurey.

You do not have to do any of the long steps you mentioned. Just double click the MPOS and then from Menu path choose Edit >> Assign Location / Product.

There enter your Z9AMATNR for Product.

That should do the trick.

Regards,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Percx, Somnath,

Thanks for the answer. Actually I tried the same in the morning. But when I again try do the Basic Settings, it says that the "Basic settings have already been saved". and while loading data in the Plng Book it fails with the error message.

Don't know how to "delete/unsave" the basic settings so that it can take the new settings.

Creating a new Plng Area and trying again doesn't seems to be good idea.

Thanks,

Arunesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the trick worked.

Thanks, Percx and Somnath.

Regrds,

Arunesh

Answers (0)