cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem deleting XML messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using XI 3.0 for SAP SRM scenarios. We had scheduled the SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE.. job to delete successfully processed xml messages from xi. In the recent 2 months we found that the job execution log indicates succesful completion of the job. However in sxmb_moni we still see some xml messages for that day.

so far we had configured simple deletion procedure and the retention period had been gradually brought down to 7 days starting from 60 days in stages.

As the messages were not getting deleted, the persitance layer reached 97% fill level and the xi server could not process any further messages. All messages were held in the Queue. Manual execution of the deletion job resulted in deletion of 0 messages.

we then activated the Switch procedure for deletion and executed the deletion job. The queue were released. The job took 2 days to complete, it failed once in between due to insufficient table space and had to be continued after increasing the table space. After completion of the job the original SXMSPMAST table is active with a fill level of 1% in the persistance layer. However SXMSPMAST2 still contains all the records. Further we are also not able to deactivate the switch procedure. Also we cannot execute the delete job, it gets cancelled immediately.

Looking forward for guidance from the forum members to seek a solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal for your response,

The original tables are active and SXMSPMAST is the current active master table. Aslo ever since it has been active we have not been able to executed the delete job. Thus none of the records should be flagged for deletion. This is also shown in the processing statistics report in sxmb_moni under "XML Messages Flagged for Deletion".

regards

Vinay Rane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

any resolution to this problem. I am seeing the same behaviour of my system as well.

There are msgs which are not getting deleted even though the retention period is past and delete jobs have been run.

thanks

tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Tony, So far there is no break through. SAP support consultant is investigating thru remote login. For the time being OUR BASIS team has increased the capacity of the persistant layer so that the problem of persistant layer getting filled up is suppressed for some time.

Regards

Vinay Rane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gi guys,

any solution to this? I'm having the same problem.

And one more thing, I ran table switch procedure for the first time and our basis administrator has cancelled the job (it took too long). So it seems I have 2 containers each with 2 million messages and I'm afraid this will crash soon. I still have active container 2.

I tried to run MARK DELETABLE MESSAGES report on the XI but error occured that first the copy job to container 2 must be completed. So should I run the job again? I'm just afraid this will copy another 2 million messages to container 2 and it will die completely.

Any advise my friends? I'm getting desperate.

Thank you. Olian

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using TCODE: sxmb_adm

- archive messages

- delete messages ?

>>>Further we are also not able to deactivate the switch procedure.

because -> "you can only deactivate the switch procedure when the original tables are active and the counter for the number of deleted records in the original tables is at zero"

have a look at this page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

michal