cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP -> XI -> File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

found <a href="/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy blog</a> where he explain an ABAP Proxy. But in my process the ABAP Client should run on another SAP-System.

I think I will need ports or http destinations. Does anyone knew a blog for this?

Scenario:

ABAP Client (SAP System 1) -> XI (SAP System 2) -> File System

thanks

chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are right...

In this blog the XI 105 is the application system and XI100 is the Integreation server....so when you do the design you approach

Scenario:

ABAP Client (SAP System 1) -> XI (SAP System 2) -> File System

(R/3) (XI)

R/3 will act as a application system adn XI will IS......here the role each SAP system is playing is important.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I think I can not access a ABAP proxie from one SAP system to another.

In this blog both clients are on same SAP system and you can easily use

DATA prxy TYPE REF TO zblogco_proxy_interface_ob.

to access this proxy. I'm not able to do this from another system, or?

thx

chris

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But I think I can not access a ABAP proxie from one SAP system to another.

Yes you can acess from the TC SPROXY from another SAP System provided Sproxy is configured there

details of that:

Proxies: are interfaces which will get executed in the application system.They can be created only in the system from message interfaces using the proxy generation functions.

The biggest advantage of the proxy is that it always by passes the Adapter Engine and will directly interact with the application system and Integration engine - so it will and should give us a better performance.

The literal definition of a proxy is an object / process authorized to act for another; an agent or a substitute. In simpler terms, proxies in the XI context are objects used to encapsulate the creation (from a sender system) or parsing of XML (at a receiver system) as well as the communication with the relevant runtime components required to send or receive those messages. The Proxy Runtime controls these objects / processes, and can itself be controlled by the applications it communicates with.

The Proxy currently has the following components available:

1. ABAP Proxy – Communication using XI or Web Services

2. Java Proxy– Communication using XI (J2EE)

JAVA Proxies:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a068cf2f-0401-0010-2aa9-f5ae4b20...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f272165e-0401-0010-b4a1-e7eb8903...

ABAP Proxies:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/13/integration-builders-through-proxy-server-part--2

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/arulraja.ma/blog/2006/08/18/xi-reliable-messaging-150-eoio-in-abap-proxies

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementation

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/01/07/how-to-raise-alerts-from-abap-proxy

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/07/28/smarter-approach-for-coding-abap-proxies

ON SDN TV

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=abap%20proxy%20xi&cat=sdn_all&start=11#

Proxies communicate with the XI server by means of native SOAP calls over HTTP .RFC does not, so you have to convert from SOAP to RFC calls and vice versa. So XML conversion is required.

ABAP Proxies uses Webservice and Http Protocols. And if you use RFC it is mainly meant for Sync. call. But Proxies is used for both Sync and Async.

If you use ABAP Proxy , you can reduce the overhead calling the function again and again.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies - Activate Proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies - ABAP Server Proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Client Proxy

If u generate proxy for outbound interface then its client proxy and for inbound interface its server proxy.

In client proxy u can call the method to send messages but u can't modify it but in server proxy its possible to write a user code within the method to execute proxy.

CLIENT PROXY:

A WSDL description from a UDDI server (or an Internet page) is usually used to make a service executable in the Internet and to describe the interface of this service. You require a client proxy and not a server proxy to call this service by using the Web service infrastructure.

SERVER PROXY:

You can only generate ABAP server proxies from a WSDL description if they originate in the Integration Repository.You can also generate server proxies for Java and client proxies for ABAP from message interfaces.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we can access it from another SAP system as well. but it needs some settings to be made.

check this link for the same

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

and also check this

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all I'm trying now to call this proxy from same SAP System.

I did this blog

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

But when I execute the ABAP client, nothing happend. No errors in

ABAP, but also no messages in sxmb_moni.

So I thing I have to create a rfc connection like described in this blog:

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

But this blog mentioned that I have to configure something in sxmb_adm

1. Goto Transaction SXMB_ADM

2. Choose Edit --> Change Global Configuration Data.

3. Select Role of Business System: Application system

But Change Global Configuration Data doesn't exist?!

How can I find the error why the communication doesn't work? Is there

a kind of query (like IDOC query) for ABAP programs (sorry, I'm ABAP newbie).

thanks

chris

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But Change Global Configuration Data doesn't exist?!

under the sxmb_adm--->goto the edit mode the first option in that you have this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christ,

You are on right trac...

After creating all RFC's as mentioned in blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3022..you [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] need to set configuration.

In SXMB_ADM ..click on Integration Engine Configuartion and here you will find Global data configuration.

Also after doing complete configuration run transaction SLDCHECK on R/3 as well as XI system..which will return you error if anything is missing.

Let us know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

nearly got it work. The information to enter "Integration Engine Configuartion" was missing.

Now, the messages get into sxmb_moni but will not be processed. They wait with a green

flag.

I have configured a simple SAP PI process where he should write incoming data from

proxy to a file. It seems that the process get not triggered. Searched the log files but

there is no information about this. I also tested the configuration in directory, but

this seem right.

Because I'm using the outbound interface as proxy he should automatically start all

processes using this outbound interface. So I have define no sender agreement.

How can I debug this?

thx

chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

check SMQ2 and delete any entries over there

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christ,

I think yours queues are not registered..

Goto transaction SXMb_ADM-->Manage Queus or SMQR. Click and register all queus.

Other way would be goto SXMB_MONO and click on Queue Name under column "Queue ID". It will take you on next screen with queue and number of messages. Double click on queue again and on next sceen there would be "Run" / Activate queue button..click on them..it will activate your queue

Hope this will help.

Nilesh