cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro for ABAP: Navigation between two windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a question. Is it possible to navigate between two windows?

I have two views. One view is my startpage, the second view should open after click on a link. Now I want open the second view in a new window.

I try to create two windows with each one view. But I can't create a navigation-link between the outbound-plog of the first view and the inbound-plog of the second view, because my destination-view is not in the same window.

Is this generally possible? And if it is possible, how can I open a view in a new window.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai ,

One possible way is create 2 windows namely WINA,WINB. and 2 views namely VIEWA VIEWB. embed VIEW A in WINA and VIEWB in WINB.

Suppose u want to open second WINB from WINA .the following code will work:

DATA:  lr_view               TYPE REF TO if_wd_view_controller,
        lr_api_main           TYPE REF TO if_wd_component,
        lr_window_man         TYPE REF TO if_wd_window_manager.
        l_window2        type REF TO IF_WD_WINDOW.

lr_view = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).
  lr_api_main = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).
  lr_window_man = lr_api_main->get_window_manager( ).

*Creating the Popup Window

CALL METHOD lr_window_man->create_window
    EXPORTING
      modal        = abap_true
      window_name  = 'WINB'
      title        = 'Demo example'
      close_button = abap_true
    RECEIVING
      window       = wd_comp_controller->l_window2.

wd_comp_controller->l_window2->open( ).

Hope this code helps you.

Regards ,

Madhu.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank your four your help! I've found my solution.

I've created a new window and new view for my popup. In my main window and view I created a outbond-plug and in my new window and view a inbound-plug.

In the method to create the content for my popup, I use the wizard. I select the option "Generate popup" . There I select my new window. ^

Now I created a popup window.

Of course, you have to

I hope I have nothing forgotten to explain.

Best regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you all very much for giving me your ideas..

actually my requirement is not to create popup window i already did that.

Parent window having roadmap view inside roadmap view one view conatainer having 3 views.From the popup window view by pressing a button i need to move to the parent window which is triggered popup window that can be possible but the parent window having 3 views i triggered popup window from 3rd view now clicking the button i need to move to the 1st view of the parent window.

But my requirement closed with slit modifications:

i tried to do that with custom buttons but i was unable to do that. now i did with standard close button.

by click of close button i used subscribe to button event so in that event control comes to parent window from there we can easily navigate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another approach to handle this issue can be of using this component in another component .. now in the new component your windows will appear as Interface Views and hence you can have the navigation link created..

Regards,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot create navigation links across windows. You need to open the view in a new window only if you want it as a popup. Is that your requirement? You can do that by creating a new window and embeddding your popup view in that window.

Regards

Nithya