cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Steps to be follow for daylight saving ends in USA as of 2007?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I gone through the OSS note 919538 and found that all required entries are place in the table TTZDV on all systems (Development, Quality & Production). We have ECC 5.0 & Oracle 10.2. On WINDOWS 2003 Server, I want to know that whether I need to update any patch or should I shut down all the system for particular time? Please suggest.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Read note 1022730

Also check this thread,

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for reply.

I have check the table TTZDV & found the following entries for the yoear 2007,

DSTRULE USA

YEARFROM 2007

MONTHFROM 03

WEEKDFROM 1

WEEKDCFROM 2

TIMEFROM 02:00:00

MONTHTO 11

WEEKDTO 1

WEEKDCTO 1

TIMETO 02:00:00

I need your help to know that whether I need to stop all the systems for an hour? and should I reset the time from OS level for each server?

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

SAP runs under the assumption that time is always moving forward. During time fall back this is disrupted, since a certain point in time i.e. 1 AM occurs twice. Once at DST and then again when the clocks are switched back one hour at 2 AM ( changeing to Standard time ). This is known as “double-hour” and can cause major errors in SAP like

ZDATE_LARGE_TIME_DIFF

ZDATE_ILLEGAL_LOCTIME

ZDATE_ILLEGAL_DBTIME

To prevent the errorsSAP must NOT RUN for 2 hours.

Means shutdown SAP at 1 AM (daylight savings time) and bring it back up at 2 AM (standard time). Check note 102088 for more details

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

Thanks for reply,

I want to confirm that just shutdown is a solution, is anything else required or not?

Please confirm

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

From Basis side we need to shut down the system. From OS side , i am not that sure , but I think the OS is smart enough to change the time by itself .

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

The chnage of time at OS level is taken by patches released respective vendors. From SAP side we need to shutdonw the system during that time.

Regards,

Priyank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is resolved, we applied the OS level patch & shut down the system during time fall.

Regards,

Rajesh

Answers (0)