cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two purchasing organisations for one user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are running SRM 4.0, extended classic scenario with a large international setup.

I have an issue with purchaser that need to be able to shop for two different pur. orgs. in two different company codes (A & B).

I have added both A & B in the Company Code attribute for the user.

And I have made both the local purchasing groups for A & B responsible for the purchaser.

When I create a SC I can select whether to use Company code A & B and I can select the matching Purchasing Group. When I finish the shopping cart the order is created in SRM with correct the Local Purchasing Organisation which the Pur. Group I chose belongs to.

But when it is tranfered to R/3 it is allways assigning pur. org. A. (also if the order in SRM has local pur. org. B). This results in a error, if the purchase wants to make a purchase for Company B.

Is it not possible in SRM to able to chose more than one backend pur. org.?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'm having the same problem.

I intend to solve the problem by using the badi BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI, to change the header information of the order to reflect the right purchase group and organization, when shopping within another company code than the company code the user normally uses.

I'll keep you posted on how it turns out

Best regards

Per T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This really sounds like a bug to me - it should be possible by standard to be able to choose from different company codes and not having to use a BAdI to make it work.

Sounds like an OSS for SAP would be a nice help as well. I simply cannot believe that it is standard behaviour that 1 user is only intended to purchase for 1 company code/purchasing organization.

But again - let us know what you figure out if you do manage to find a solution!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to add to backend pur. orgs. to one user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders.

For me it is no problem to have buyers that can make shopping carts/POs for different purchase organizations. I have set up my organizational units like this (PPOMA):

Company code

Pur org local

Pur grp local

Requesters

Cross functional req

Pur org R/3

Pur grp R/3

In the node for the cross functional requesters I have added the extra company code(s) and location(s), and I have created the responsibility in the relevant pur groups. This works fine. As you describe it, when making the shopping cart you have to make a few extra clicks to make the correct assignments between company code/plant/pur group, but it is possible.

But it seems you have already made the correct changes to the organizational units, and your issue is occuring between SRM and R/3. Have you tried debugging to see when it changes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

My Organizational units are like this

<b>Company Code A</b>

- Requesters

- Pur org A - R/3

-Pur grp. A - R/3

- Pur org A - Local

-Pur grp. A - Local

<b>Company Code B</b>

- Requesters

- Pur org B - R/3

-Pur grp. B - R/3

- Pur org B - Local

-Pur grp. B - Local

By adding the extra company code to users in Company A, and by assigning them both i Local Pur grp. A and B, I am able to choose between either company A and B when making a purchase.

But I am not able to select a R/3 pur. grp. If a user is assigned to both R/3 Pur grp. A & B, the system always selects the one with the lowest Object ID.

It doesn't matter which Local Pur. grp has been chosen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anders

This is standard behavior of SRM. When multiple P groups are assigned system will pick the nearest one (closest Obj ID).

In your case I think you need to maintain the logic in the BADI such that the correct P org will be assigned instead of the Org structure logic.

Use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI or BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI to assign the correct P group when creating a PO.

Hope this will help you. Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

Thank you for your reply.

Are those two BADI's not only used to change the local PO's?`

In my situation the local SRM Order has assigned the correct Pur. Grp and Pur. Org.

It is when it is transfered backend, that the Pur. Org. is incorrect.

Should I instead use BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej igen, Anders.

I don't suppose you have found a solution here?

What I was thinking is, that you should try using the GUID of the purchase order from SRM and use it in the function module BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC_V2 to test which data are getting sent from SRM to R/3. You know you can find the GUID of the PO from transaction BBP_PD with BUS2201, and this GUID is the only thing needed to test the function module. This FM is sending your shopping cart/PO data from SRM to R/3, so if you can debug this to see that here the p org is correct, you would know that the error occurs in R/3.

On the other hand you could also see in BBP_PD for the purchase order in SRM if the p org is already wrong here?

Cross buying is possible, so hopefully you get to find your error. Otherwise post a reply here, we'll figure something else out.

BR

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

cross buying should be possible, yes.

But are you sure, SRM standard provides cross buying for two Purchase Org. which belong to two different Back End Systems?

As far as I understand the problem mentioned here is, that you have to combine your user to a specified back end via attribute ACS.

If you want to purchase for 2 different purchase orgs wihtin two different back end system, you should have the problem mentioned above.

I encountered the same problem within my SRM application.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I do not have two different backend systems. We only use one R/3 system.

My problem is that I can only assign a user to one backend purchasing group, and the groups only belong one purchasing org.

I can assign the user to as many local purchasing groups as I want to, so I am now trying to change the logic of the backend purchasing group and org. selection via BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

I didn't mention two different backend systems, so it should definetely be possible to make cross company purchasing!

Try debugging a bit and let us know what you find, Anders.

DM

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The logic company code determines the rest.

If you have a situation where you belong to multiple company codes and mutliple P.Org and P.Grp are possible, please change the user settings to the right company code first before placing your item in the shopping cart. By default, every user has a defaulted company code even when you did not flag the default checkbox in the organization structure.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

In reference to the info. you have provided, you have created the P.O with the local Purchasing organization. In such a case your P.Group assigned to this P.Org should be a local P.Group and the material should be local material.

In such a case the P.O will not be transferred to back end R/3 as you are using a local material, Local P.Org and Local P.Group.

In Extended classic scenario you can not use a local P.Org for procuring back end R/3 material. There seems to be an issue with your org. structure.

Actually you are using a De-coupled scenario where you have both local P.orgs and back end P.orgs co-exist.

Hope this will make you clear. Clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

I believe it is quite normal that in Extended Scenario the PO is created in SRM using the Local Purchasing Organisation data. These PO's are then copied to R/3 using the (backend) Purchasing Organisation data.

The orders I am talking about are created with both a local P. Org. and Local P. Group. The orders are made as text orders (Describe Requirements).

Normally it works as it is suppossed to. It is only if I try to do these cross Pur. Org. Purchases I have an issue.