Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Scenario : How to Proceed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi folks,

I am working on a BPM scenario .

Scenario goes like this : I want to pick the data from a file and post the data into SAP using a RFC and get some data in response .now data which came back as a response from RFC response should be written in a XML file whose name should be dynamically generate and then the name of the dynamically generated XML file should go into a table.

My BPM is like this

Step 1 : Receive ( For collecting the data from file)

Step 2 : Sync Call to RFC ( For making a sync call to RFc and then sending back the resp data)

Step 3 : Send Step ( For sending the response data to XML file , name should be dynamically generated)

Step 4 : Send step ( For sending the dynamic file name of XML file to Table)

Till step 3 i have worked fine and getting the desired output also ( as i am getting the dynamic file name in the output xml file) but after that not sure how to proceed...

how to push the dynamic file name from XML file to Table.

Now my doubts...

Is design of my BPM is right...? if not please correct me...and also if there is any other way to get the same functionality ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabu,

My scenario is not File to File using BPM ( in between file ).

It is like File->RFC->File ->JDBC usdinfg BPM.

Catch is how to send the dynamic data(i.e actually the dynamic file name inside the file as a variable) generated in the file to Oracle...

hope i am clear..

Regards,

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi santhosh,

Go thru this blog,

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

This blogs says exactly about your scenario except the dynamic change of receiver file name.

For that you just do the adapter specific configuration in the receiver communucation cahnnel and do respective mapping between RFC Response Message and Receiver File message.

For more detailes about the Dynamic change of receiver file name, go thru the following link,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latika,

-->hw r u generating the filename? is it thru a field in ur structure that u are capturing by setting adapter specific attributes in receiver file adapter config?

Yes

-->if yes, then use that field only to get the file name. in ur last send step u can use a mapping to trasfer this field into the target structure for oracle database.

even i also want todo this...but how..this is the question..

My BPM is like this

Step 1 : Receive ( For collecting the data from file)

Step 2 : Sync Call to RFC ( For making a sync call to RFc and then sending back the resp data)

Step 3 : Send Step ( For sending the response data to XML file , name should be dynamically generated)

Step 4 : Send step ( For sending the dynamic file name of XML file to Table)

I step 3 data to file(dynamic file name) is send.

Now how can i send the data from dynamic file generated just now to JDBC.....?

Kindly help by step by steps..explanation..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions..?Let me know if i am not clear ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi santosh,

hw r u generating the filename? is it thru a field in ur structure that u are capturing by setting adapter specific attributes in receiver file adapter config?

if yes, then use that field only to get the file name. in ur last send step u can use a mapping to trasfer this field into the target structure for oracle database.

hope it helps.

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

--->u r trying to update R3 table?? If it is R3 table code for another RFC which is update the table with Dynamic XML file name.Outside of the BPM(No need of Step4) perform a mapping from XML strucure to RFC.In configuration add this BPM to RFC(Which is using for Updation of table) for receiver & Interface determinations.You can use same RFC Communication channel in receiver aggrement if both RFC's are in same environment.

No, i am pushing the data in a oracle table in the last send step..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

u r trying to update R3 table?? If it is R3 table code for another RFC which is update the table with Dynamic XML file name.Outside of the BPM(No need of Step4) perform a mapping from XML strucure to RFC.In configuration add this BPM to RFC(Which is using for Updation of table) for receiver & Interface determinations.You can use same RFC Communication channel in receiver aggrement if both RFC's are in same environment.

Cheers

Veera