cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Throw communication exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where i have a BPM that sends one message to another system.

This send step, is configured to use the HTTP Plain Adapter.

However, if connection is down, BPM finishes perfectly, and one message stays in the queue for manually restart (or delete).

Is there anyway to the BPM be sure that message was really sent through the adapter, or receive an exception (or something similar) if send failed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. Indeed I was trying to launch an alert in case of error.

But, before stopping process, i wanted to wait and retry sometimes.

However, i noticed that the HTTP Post can be syn or asyn. I just changed my Send step to a SYN interface and it worked.

Now, if system is down, Send Step launches an exception, because it can't get a response.

TIP: Doesn't matter the message you use as Response. I don't even know what the HTTP Server will respond. It can neither be XML! This just works if i don't use response message to read fields, or use it in a mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

BPM runs on Business procees engine,once the execution is successfully done in BPM,the messages will be passed to the Integration engine for the pipeline steps and then to the adapter engine for actual delivery.

since BPM will pass the message to IE and IE will pass this message to AE,in case of receiver system being down,you will see the error in AE and not in BPM.

to trap this error u need to configure alerts(use tcode ALRTCATDEF) and in alert configuration in RWB select adapter engine.

this will catch any error in the adapter engine scenario and users will be notified.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use ALERTS in ur Senario it will be Helpful.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Regards,

Phani

Reward Points if Helpful