cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can employee choose the profile in ESS Record Working Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can the employee choose the data entry profile of the CATS in the ESS Record Working Time screen of EP 7.0. And is there any standard functionality available for this is in the Webdynpro side.

Please help

Thanks

Ash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

suresh is correct here. I had to use SAP transaction iView the last time. Not sure if there is an better way to do this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ash

Time administrator can change the profile from R/3. Profile is for setting the properties

like field selection, wf, aprroval process according to the subgroup policies of an organization.

I think if you can share what you are trying to achieve then we can help.

aren't you aware that time administrator has the authoirity?

lets discuss your requirement and then we can provide soln to your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same requirement. Is it possible for a time administrator to fill time for his team members from the EP side (Working Time).In ESS Working time, the employee can fill his own timesheet only.

I understand that a time aministrator can do it on the R/3 side. But can he do it on the portal using 'Record Working Time' service in ESS?

If not, is this feature available in MSS?

Appreciate your response...

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PL check the following [SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ef/e18d3f7057eb0ce10000000a114084/content.htm].

From what I understand, only Employees can enter the time in the Record Working Time WDJ. The Data Entry Profile must be set in the User defaults in the backend itself (pid: CVR). The Timekeepers/Time Admins will either have to use an SAP Transaction iView for CAT2 or enter time only in the backend. They cannot use the Record Working Time service to enter other's time.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

narsimha

the issue is we still need to use its based transaction (iview).... i remember viewing this option in one of the transactions in R/3 but if we are looking at EP7 and again using ITS based service then I view an issue with respect to technology.

I could think of following in the webdynpro based service.

1. If you look at service record working time we have an option of selecting fields. If you can check the fields list is there an option of selecting profile field is one way to explore.

2. If you are using clock in /out correction then check this there is a way that you can add addition 10 customer filelds. try to use these.

I think 2 will be a good idea.

Definately custom service development is always there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks narsimha & barin,

This must be the standard requirement for the record working time. And atleast the Time Administrator should have the access on the EP side to change the profile of the user.

Moreover, expectation are really high for ESS Webdynpro since it is more advanced then the ITS.

Not sure how to move forward from here.

Thanks

Ash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agreee. My testings in ITS and ESS on EP7.0 confirmed what you said.

Barin,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Narasimha