cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver RFC Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario File to RFC. Before it used to work fine until i received a connection error. Basis restarted the adapter using Visual Admin tool. Now the problem is nothing comes through from to the RFC adapter. I am getting no error. In the communication monitory, its showing no activity.

What could be the problem?

Tks,

D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in addition to the previous respose..make sure from the basis side the Service is now running....reactivate the adapter...or create a new one.....

so the CPA cacche fulll and then check in the Adapter monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean run the sxi_cache on the xi box?

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes do the SXI_CACHE (compete refresh)

also try to do the complete CPA cache.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow this:

1. Do the cache refresh using sxi_cache and then try again

2. Recheck whether the WebAS ABAP system is properly created for the R3 system in the SLD.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a full cache refresh. It does not seem to work. I even pointed the receiver agreement to a different R/3 box. There does not seem to be a communicstion between the XI and R/3 using the RFC adapter. Although it has a green status.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the RFC mservice is active in the VA and you have created the RFC adapter (acitavted) then it should show the status of the adapter in the Monitoring.......some time the Monitoring status doesn't get uopdated soon....try to run the interace and c the messahe in the SXMB_MONI....

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is still there if run the interface 1 more time. Can you guyz make sense of the below text. This comes from a file from the dev_jrfc_trc files on the server.

Error> occured >Thu Oct 25 10:59:37,625<

RfcException:

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=sapxd1ci1 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=XD1 MSSERV=sapmsXD1 PCS=1

ERROR Group PUBLIC not found

TIME Thu Oct 25 10:59:37 2007

RELEASE 640

COMPONENT LG

VERSION 5

RC -6

MODULE lgxx.c

LINE 3541

DETAIL LgIGroup

COUNTER 1

Return code: RFC_FAILURE(1)

error group: 102

key: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

Error> occured >Thu Oct 25 12:13:05,579<

RfcException:

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=sapxd1ci1 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=XD1 MSSERV=sapmsXD1 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

TIME Thu Oct 25 12:13:05 2007

RELEASE 640

COMPONENT LG

VERSION 5

RC -6

MODULE lgxx.c

LINE 3541

DETAIL LgIGroup

COUNTER 3

Error> occured >Thu Oct 25 13:20:46,630<

RfcException:

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

TIME Thu Oct 25 13:20:46 2007

RELEASE 640

COMPONENT LG

VERSION 5

RC -6

MODULE lgxx.c

LINE 3541

DETAIL LgIGroup

COUNTER 2

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can try this:

ask your basis to restart the AE.

Go to transaction SMICM. see the ICM monitor status - whether it is green or not. if it is not green, then restart your ICM from administrator menu. check whether your J2EE engine is working fine - check this from your basis team to see if the J2EE engine log does not have any error in it. If it has error, then restart your J2EE engine. Also check the connections between SAP R/3 and XI from SM59 transaction.

Also in case its a reconnect issue that has happened recently, i would suggets you to implement the solution as provided in this weblog - /people/community.user/blog/2006/09/21/xi-rfcadapter-reconnect-issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i restart the J2EE server?