cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file-xi-idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In file-xi-idoc scenario the file is there on OS level sending into R/3 using idoc adaptor,

Through XI using file and idoc adaptor , instead this shall i go for bdc conversion

which is better ?

Thanks & Regards

srinu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

If your requirement is simply to update some database tables, then ur idea would be better. If at you have to create idocs then an XI scenario implementation would be fine as weel.

So you are the person to judge.

Thanks

Kiran

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

You can use BDC if you are confortabl with same...If you have standard idoc and posting function module then I'll advice you to go with Idoc than BDC.

Always give preference to SAP standard code than writing your own code.

Now again when you said BDC..which means you will have point to point connection with your File system and idoc. Main purpose of XI itself is avoidning point to point connection..

So you can used XI to pick up file directly from your file system( By using FTP) and then pushing idoc to R/3.

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u will use BDC,BDC is used only once to insert the data into the data base tables,but when ur using XI then there will be a business requirement that data should be loaded for every one hour or after 10days or after 1 month.thiscant be done using BDC.

BDC will be the Last option in any project first they will check for another oprions.

Regards,

phani

Reward Points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Srinivas,

you are right.. we can use BDC to upload the data into r/3 and that is ofcourse the simpler way if you are comfortable with BDC. also, if you think your requirement is met with that.

i can say that file to idoc scenarios come into the picture in a XI implementation project when there are other scenarios also involved and many other requirement which am sure u can guess of.

Raghu

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the File->XI-->IDOC

this way you will have the complete tracking of the mesasge flow and also the it will be easy to find the error if at all any....

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you give clear idea on that pls